The Desnorkal myth.......

Jonttt

6 hours ago, PFX said:

Reading Jonttt's essay ..................

Lol, you should see the business review / analysis reports I write.....now they are a chore to read ;-).........and yes I can get those wrong as well......but at least when someone spots an error I know they have read it 😉

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snorkel is more about noise reduction and where the airbox is placed within the shape of the bodywork. Clearly 'clean airflow' is good but these engines are designed for a balance of power and performance within parameters of fuel economy and emissions. I'm sure that lots more power could be gained if Porsche wanted and a different air intake configuration as well as greater air box volume would be used after all more air is used when making a bigger bang.

De-snorkeling will change the sound but unlikely do anything else on a standard engine and intake route. Performance air filters don't make any difference either for the same reasons.

As long as you retain a filter everything will be fine.

9 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Any benefit to the bmc air filter?? I've got the same mesh part from cadporsche but still have standard filter. 

Thanks. 

You do get a slight improvement in noise, which is always welcome. I doubt there is any performance gains but I always use them 👍

Thanks, yeah the noise these cars make is awesome, only had mine since just before Christmas.  I think I'll look into getting one of those filters then. 

Just had the revolution exhaust mod done, that's made a difference to the noise, love it!!

Archived