Porsche admit GT4 gearing too long

RickLS7

You would think after so many years of being criticised, they could have done something about the ratios on the manual box.

Not everyone wants the PDK. 

52 minutes ago, RickLS7 said:

You would think after so many years of being criticised, they could have done something about the ratios on the manual box.

Not everyone wants the PDK. 

I dont have a problem with the manual.but do agree that a pdk is hardly THE solution 

On 5/28/2020 at 6:37 PM, Stuart21UK said:

I dont have a problem with the manual.but do agree that a pdk is hardly THE solution 

Agreed,manual is a mans man car 

Sits back and awaits for the grenade to go off .....

22 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

And when you find one is I'm sure you will be very happy together. 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

indeed, you protagonist you

2 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

And when you find one is I'm sure you will be very happy together. 🤣🤣

a man or a manual?

or a manual man?

if he wants mine he can have it at a price (due to rarity) that means I can buy a 911 GTS in GT Silver maybe?

if he wants mine he can have it at a price (due to rarity) that means I can buy a 911 GTS in GT Silver maybe?

Would that be the cabrio 992?🙄

57 minutes ago, mneil said:

if he wants mine he can have it at a price (due to rarity) that means I can buy a 911 GTS in GT Silver maybe?

Would that be the cabrio 992?🙄

you know I'm not sure if I would go coupe...it's been discussed elsewhere but the newer Cab is better looking at the rear than the bulbous older models but IMO it's still colour dependant that

29 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

you know I'm not sure if I would go coupe...it's been discussed elsewhere but the newer Cab is better looking at the rear than the bulbous older models but IMO it's still colour dependant that

For me, the rear of the 992 coupe of RBD914 looks to have had Devine intervention in the pen of the designer 🧐.

Still wouldn't swap my Boxster😃.

3 hours ago, mneil said:

For me, the rear of the 992 coupe of RBD914 looks to have had Devine intervention in the pen of the designer 🧐.

Still wouldn't swap my Boxster😃.

agreed it does look cracking

• 3 weeks later...

The gearbox we have, don’t get me wrong, it’s an old one, an existing one and changing the gear was just technically not possible as we were running out of space on the shafts, if we need an adjustment there,” he revealed. “We would have loved to have seen that, [the gearing] a little bit shorter, but technically there was no way.

This sounds b*ll*cks to me!! Technically not possible my ar*e!!  More like if would have cost to much to redesign all the gears.  No one is asking for more gears (I.e space) just different ratios, would have required changing half the cogs in the box. Poor effort

Archived