Design 911 v OPC

the baron

On 6/3/2020 at 9:09 AM, RickLS7 said:

I can't think of one positive experience with Silverstone OPC including parts, new & used cars and even test drives during my 9 years of Porsche ownership. 

Been meaning to try Leicester OPC, they cant be any worse.

Leicester OPC...3 Telephone calls over a week and not one returned , when I finally got through the lead time for non stock items was 3 days !! 1 of the non stock items I needed was trim clips to hold the door card on, something I imagine they  are often asked for 

Hmmm can't help thinking that the variable is here is the customer.  An organisation isn't likely to be able to randomly serve one customer consistently badly but another one well.  I suppose it depends on an individual's approach and what they are asking for /expecting in terms of performance.  Technicians and parts people are usually more enthusiastic about the cars rather than those on the desks in front of house or sales people.  Most salesmen know more about finance and warranty sales than the technology and capabilities of the vehicles they are selling as the former is how they make their money.

16 minutes ago, dunks said:

Leicester OPC...3 Telephone calls over a week and not one returned , when I finally got through the lead time for non stock items was 3 days !! 1 of the non stock items I needed was trim clips to hold the door card on, something I imagine they  are often asked for 

Try email, I usually get prompt replies to those from both service and parts Silverstone.  Phone is a bit less predictable in getting the person you want at that particular time you've chose to call.

OPC Swindon, one phone call, not in stock but can order in for 3 days time to pick up or will post out FOC.

Great service every time but Iam a regular and have bought new cars from them so maybe preferential treatment but don’t think so.

Archived