Updating PCM 3.0 and Maps

Jonttt

Ok so I have version 2.20 of PCM 3.0 on my car.

I “read’ on various forums that v2.25 is the latest system and its possible to get 2018/19 maps installed ?

So what’s the best option for this .......ring OPC and prepared to be messed around as they do not know and then get raped on price or is there another way ie I believe any update has to be coded to the car via a PIWIS ?

So who’s had it done, how and how much 😉

ps yes I know WAZE and Google Maps are better.....and I use them.....I just like the idea of having the latest software on my car ....and depending how much money and hassle .............

On 6/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Paul P said:

Had it done (on 2 cars)  2 routes - OPC about 350 or via a forum member for considerably less - suggest a chat with @Richard Hamilton

I totally agree on Phone based apps vs built in by the way - just wanted the best I could have.....

Yup - he did my 2011 987.2. Can now use full UK postcodes. Worth it just for that. Never did understand how Porsche could supply a car to the UK which didn't accept the UK postcode. After all, they managed to move the steering wheel.😀

On 6/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, Jonttt said:

Ok so I have version 2.20 of PCM 3.0 on my car.

I “read’ on various forums that v2.25 is the latest system and its possible to get 2018/19 maps installed ?

So what’s the best option for this .......ring OPC and prepared to be messed around as they do not know and then get raped on price or is there another way ie I believe any update has to be coded to the car via a PIWIS ?

So who’s had it done, how and how much 😉

ps yes I know WAZE and Google Maps are better.....and I use them.....I just like the idea of having the latest software on my car ....and depending how much money and hassle .............

had my 987.2 done at OPC - about 300 is from memory. it's a slow feeding discs job which takes up a service bay - hence they charge for the time in there.

you should check with them on your car model as the release of maps is inconsistent between them (ie. my 987.2 was available and my more recent 991.1 was not available - weird but there it is) so worth checking first.

I like having the convenience of the built-in satnav being up to date rather than the phone too - know what you mean.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, Paul P said:

Had it done (on 2 cars)  2 routes - OPC about 350 or via a forum member for considerably less - suggest a chat with @Richard Hamilton

I totally agree on Phone based apps vs built in by the way - just wanted the best I could have.....

6 hours ago, DaveEFI said:

Yup - he did my 2011 987.2. Can now use full UK postcodes. Worth it just for that. Never did understand how Porsche could supply a car to the UK which didn't accept the UK postcode. After all, they managed to move the steering wheel.😀

+1 for Richard.  I think he's quite a way from you though @Jonttt (Berkshire)

Yep I’ve had contact with him....he is understandably not doing it during restrictions but even then its a circa 4 hour trip each way for me with a 3-4 hour wait whilst its done....thats a long day lol........I have the car setup to use my phone which has almost as large a screen as the car........if he where closer or the OPC was cheaper I would get it done......but probably not worth it for me

Archived