PTS Riviera blue

718as

Paint to Sample....special order colour.......costs a lot 😉

The theory is you can have any colour based on a “sample” but most use it to get classic Porsche colours no longer available such as Riviera but I’ve seen other manufacturer classic colours used as well......as you can imagine a one off paint run is not cheap .......

Once again a very expensive when new Porsche without Climate control lol..............

My favourite Porsche colour of all time and only available PTS and I think Porsche have stopped doing PTS currently......a mate has just picked up a 718 Spyder in Mexico blue which is nice but riviera is still my favourite......these colours you need to see in the flesh as cameras always make them look the same 

Thanks, I worked it out while having my tea (any meal after dinner is tea)

I should think you could buy a 981 in any colour and with better options then get it painted to your specification and still have change left over.

44 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

@Gutley, fancy an upgrade?  It's even in Kent...

Isn't that pretty pricey for a 2014 car?

Not at that price! I'll keep my existing ones. And those photos weren't taken in Kent, unless we've slid towards the Mediterranean!

13 minutes ago, topradio said:

I should think you could buy a 981 in any colour and with better options then get it painted to your specification and still have change left over.

Agreed

There is a thread on 911UK about Riviera 993’s ......some have had glass out resprays to that colour but some are original, including RS’s............the originals and still the best Porsche colour of all time IMHO..........there is a well known RS in Warrington (does all the PCGB shows) which commands a £100k premium just for its original colour !

It must be the most popular PTS colour, certainly the one that stands out the most........kudos to Porsche for not bringing it back and retaining the heritage 

A .......anything Porsche in PTS riviera would command a premium ......if only it had climate lol .........nb I’ve seen a 2.7 981 in the same PTS with every box ticked except heated seats and climate ....WTF is that all about lol

Riviera is a great colour, so much so that I specced my other half’s RS3 in it as an Audi Exclusive option.

i still don’t get the hang up on climate control, my air con is always turned off as I’ve never driven the car with the roof on. It would be one of the last options I’d add to a convertible car.

41932773292_832eb817b2_b.jpgUntitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Archived