Brake shoe spring

Tritonkev

3 minutes ago, Tritonkev said:

Can anyone give me the part no. For the round springs that hold the hand brake shoes not the long springs

And where to get them

QPNHv2T.jpg 

Part numbers from drawing

4 - 986 352 721 00

5 - 986 352 723 01

6 - 986 352 741 00

Try you local Porsche Centre or put the part number into Google and see what comes up, also Design 911 and other online.

If your asking about part 6 in the pic above........your in for quite a shock when you see the price ie they are c£20 EACH 

Ps people have tried options and failed as they are never long enough to grip the back of the hub carrier as required .........so they are usually “I’m not paying that much for a spring” before realising there is no alternatives ............this is where someone proves me wrong and you can get them for 99p lol

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

You can buy new shoes and all the springs for a 2.5 for less then 20 quid. 

Don't know if the springs are the same as on the S though as the shoes are wider. 

According to the parts catalogues all 986 from 2000 handbrake drum assemblies are exactly the same.  Ignore my comment about 987 there are some  differences.

When I checked again to be certain I noted the catalogue gives no parts before 00 model year even though it was downloaded from Porsche and covers 97-04.  The brake shoe part number changes changes between 02 and 03 MY but quantity per car drops to 1 so they discontinued single shoes and went to a 4 shoe kit only.

I was assuming it is the same spring as a 987.......if its not it may be cheaper / there may be an optional none Porsche part.....with a 987 there is not

ps the diagram looks identical to a 987 setup though ?

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

According to the parts catalogues all 986 from 2000 handbrake drum assemblies are exactly the same.  Ignore my comment about 987 there are some  differences.

When I checked again to be certain I noted the catalogue gives no parts before 00 model year even though it was downloaded from Porsche and covers 97-04.  The brake shoe part number changes changes between 02 and 03 MY but quantity per car drops to 1 so they discontinued single shoes and went to a 4 shoe kit only.

Do you know if the part numbers for the 2.5 springs are the same as the S.? 

11 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

I was assuming it is the same spring as a 987.......if its not it may be cheaper / there may be an optional none Porsche part.....with a 987 there is not

ps the diagram looks identical to a 987 setup though ?

zQoFR7p.jpg 

This is the 986 listing as you can see there are actually 901, 911, 928, 951 and 993 series numbers that are equivalent to the 9x6 (who said the Boxster car wasn't build from the parts bin!) whereas, the 987 listing only gives 987 or 997 prefix numbers.  They may well be the same, however I wouldn't want to guarantee it for someone to get what then proves to be the incorrect part.  the 987 drawing is identical except it shows items 2 & 3 form the 986 as only being orderable as one part not in two sections.

I love and hate parts in equal measure, particular having been responsible for parts and the issuing of new part numbers at PalmerSport several years ago for the modifications we carried out to keep it consistent across all cars so from a number you knew what part when on what vehicle and which area of the vehicle it fitted on.....

9 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Do you know if the part numbers for the 2.5 springs are the same as the S.? 

This is the page from Porsche (you can down load the whole parts catalogue as a pdf from the Classic Porsche section of the  Porsche website https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/). In the Remark column there is no reference to anything before 00 model year other than the shoes being up to 02 MY.

42 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

zQoFR7p.jpg 

This is the 986 listing as you can see there are actually 901, 911, 928, 951 and 993 series numbers that are equivalent to the 9x6 (who said the Boxster car wasn't build from the parts bin!) whereas, the 987 listing only gives 987 or 997 prefix numbers.  They may well be the same, however I wouldn't want to guarantee it for someone to get what then proves to be the incorrect part.  the 987 drawing is identical except it shows items 2 & 3 form the 986 as only being orderable as one part not in two sections.

I love and hate parts in equal measure, particular having been responsible for parts and the issuing of new part numbers at PalmerSport several years ago for the modifications we carried out to keep it consistent across all cars so from a number you knew what part when on what vehicle and which area of the vehicle it fitted on.....

This is the page from Porsche (you can down load the whole parts catalogue as a pdf from the Classic Porsche section of the  Porsche website https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/). In the Remark column there is no reference to anything before 00 model year other than the shoes being up to 02 MY.

I just looked on Design911 and it's different spring for the 2.5/2.7

1 minute ago, PaulQ said:

I just looked on Design911 and it's a shorter spring for the 2.5/2.7

:suicide_anim:

OK, 2.5/2.7 parts are against the blanks in the remarks column, 3.2S is against the M008 in the remarks column.

@Tritonkev please ignore the list above, for a 3.2 S you need:

4 - 901 352 923 10

5 - 996 352 723 00

6 - 996 352 741 00

Apologies for talking ba**ocks.

1 hour ago, Tritonkev said:

Ordered from design911 £50 for 2 poxy Little springs 

Try your local Porsche Centre or thing like this.  Some people see them as intimidating but they are only a big car dealership they just happen to sell more expensive cars and selling parts is just part of their business.  Their list prices is lower than D911 and they will often give you another 10% as a 'Classic' owner without even asking, plus you can usually persuade them to send out small parts for free if you are not able to get to them so easily.

Mmmm I’ve bought parts from there......sometimes they are cheaper on the none OEM “upgrades” eg I bought Brembo H2000 Ceramic pads from there recently and they where the cheapest online in the UK.......as always shop around ...............

Archived