CD-R 24 replacement

bally4563

8 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I don't want to spend that much,is there another variant that will do the job?

The questions I am raising because I don't understand all the terminology( not my bag) do I need a loom ? What mounting bracket do I need to buy and what size stereo will fit?

Connect2 do a range of faceplate adaptors and wiring harness adaptors, you may need a special one if you have steering wheel controls. Then any double din unit should fit.

The tricky bit is the correct WIRING ADAPTOR . Although you don't have Bose you probably still have an amp. You will need an aerial adaptor and run a switched live from the fuse box as well.

34 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Connect2 do a range of faceplate adaptors and wiring harness adaptors, you may need a special one if you have steering wheel controls. Then any double din unit should fit.

The tricky bit is the correct WIRING ADAPTOR . Although you don't have Bose you probably still have an amp. You will need an aerial adaptor and run a switched live from the fuse box as well.

Thanks Tony

I don’t have steering wheel  function, just need a parts list so I order the correct stuff, don’t want to go mad thinking 200 quid all in(project for someone, nothing better than spending other people’s money!!)

I have this stereo Mick, unable to connect it to my android phone, so have a very old iPhone that stays in the car connected to the stereo. I then use my phone as a hot spot and this send data to the iPhone which has no sim card in. Apple carplay, with satnav, Internet radio and Spotify music works fine, but can be a faff. It would be much easier to swap to iPhone but can't get on with them. 

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Bugger !! Sold I guess Matt?

Nope - it’s here packed in a carton ready to go.

Have a Pioneer 120 available to go with it if you’re looking for a headunit too. 

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

How much for that 30 quid wiring?

Sorry don’t understand - will pm you my mobile number and we can go from there. 

Archived