Newbie Guide - how to spot 987-2 options from a picture

Jonttt

23 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Every Porsche I’ve driven cruise is on the left! Is it different just for the 987

mines on the right (retrofitted cruise in 987 gen 2 by OPC)

911's is on the left as you say

think if retrofitted things move around a bit to match existing stalk configuration

1 hour ago, frozen said:

mines on the right (retrofitted cruise in 987 gen 2 by OPC)

911's is on the left as you say

think if retrofitted things move around a bit to match existing stalk configuration

997 is right hand too.

58 minutes ago, Araf said:

997 is right hand too.

Mine was on the left in the 997

🧐

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Mine was on the left in the 997

🧐

:blink: Weird, my last car had a 997 stalk, like the one in the link below, which bolts to the underside of the wiper stalk.  Maybe it's standard on a Turbo and they don't use the modular cluster? :unsure: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-987-997-Porsche-CRUISE-CONTROL-Kit-Set-99704490300/264543810327?epid=1115616498&hash=item3d980a3317:g:tdYAAOSwNopd2bIV

s-l1600.jpg

My 986 was retrofitted on the left by Revolution 

My 997 was retrofitted on the left by the OPC

My 991 has it on the left since I collected it

As does the Macan

Im going to have try find out some old photos of the 997 interior when I’m next back to make sure I am not just imagining It but I may very well stand to be corrected. I can’t say as I can’t check at the moment other than the 986 which I do have an interior photo of

I read somewhere that there are dozens of control stalk configurations depending on options. so what your car left the factory with, vs what after market (OPC or otherwise) was retrofitted all will vary. So I don't think there is a certain standard configuration for cars after a retrofit of cruise or other features.  What it is is what it is.

I think the only judgment that can be made is if it has three stalks one of them is computer, if it has four stalks, then it has cruise. If it has extra buttons on the stalks then it may have voice or rain sensitive wipers or other twiddly bits. Beyond that I don't think it's certain - and maybe even this is not certain.

4 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

My 986 was retrofitted on the left by Revolution 

My 997 was retrofitted on the left by the OPC

My 991 has it on the left since I collected it

As does the Macan

Im going to have try find out some old photos of the 997 interior when I’m next back to make sure I am not just imagining It but I may very well stand to be corrected. I can’t say as I can’t check at the moment other than the 986 which I do have an interior photo of

:lol:  I do believe you.  You have an eye for detail.  Make sure they're not selfie photos, or they will be mirror image. 😉 

Any news of when you're likely to be able to get back yet? :crying_anim02:

Archived