Newbie Guide - how to spot 987-2 options from a picture

Jonttt

8 minutes ago, Gutley said:

Useful, but Cruise is in the right side, not the left. 

Every Porsche I’ve driven cruise is on the left! Is it different just for the 987

that phone holder would do my head in - the OCD part of me can't stand additional tat stuck onto dashboards - 1st thing to be removed for me

@Jonttt - you need to add the storage cubbies and cup holders for some people as well - ahem @CAZ   :)

Just now, Mattman42 said:

@Jonttt - you need to add the storage cubbies and cup holders for some people as well - ahem @CAZ   :)

Are they ‘options’ ????

52 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Every Porsche I’ve driven cruise is on the left! Is it different just for the 987

My 2 both have it on the right. The left is for accessing the onboard computer via dash

3 minutes ago, Gutley said:

My 2 both have it on the right. The left is for accessing the onboard computer via dash

And if you zoom in on the above photo, you’ll see it says ‘FUNCT’, which is definitely the one for the computer.

Don't you get these pictures for the options/functions in the manual? 

3 minutes ago, edc said:

we need to cater for the younger generation whose first port of call for anything, from how to make a sandwich to building a space rocket is either google or youtube :(

17 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

we need to cater for the younger generation whose first port of call for anything, from how to make a sandwich to building a space rocket is either google or youtube :(

And the older generation *cough*  @Caz *cough* who neither look in the manual or online it seems...😛

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

the younger generation whose first port of call for anything, from how to make a sandwich

LOL, that was from the Alexa advert wasn't it?  Good old Gordon Ramsey...

6 hours ago, rowbos said:

And the older generation *cough*  @Caz *cough* who neither look in the manual or online it seems...😛

I bought her to drive her - not fix her or fiddle with her - that's Lee's job 😉

1 hour ago, Kev the Rev said:

What is Sport & Sport Plus? Are these options available if the car doesnt have the timer clock on the dash?

Sharpens up throttle response and gear change if PDK.  Blips on down shift etc. Allows more slip before PSM intervention.  Oh and adds another dimension if you have PSE. 

Sport is fun on the road, my usual mode unless on a cruise.   

Sport+ is track only unless  you like driving through 30 limits in 1st gear... a little extreme for use on the road I find, unless you are feeling particularly racy.  

Yes it's possible to have without the clock but only if added later by coding - factory fit will always have the clock I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Remind me, does the binnacle clock tell the time in the 987.2, or was that only introduced in the 981?

It doesn’t in my 987.1, total waste of space IMO. 

Pretty sure not.    

I've used mine once to try it.  Activated from the multi-function menu, watched it spin around for a bit, reset and never used again...

11 hours ago, Gutley said:

Useful, but Cruise is in the right side, not the left. 

Thank you.....I’ll correct it.....should have checked (I never actually use it lol)

10 hours ago, edc said:

It’s aimed at people new to Porsche looking to buy ie they don’t have a manual to refer to 😉

Corrected to indicate that cruise is on the right on the 987.........ie if you can see two levers on the right it means the car has cruise 😉

sFMQdRz.jpg

Archived