1996 Boxster What Car? magazine article.

el 3.2S

Don't know if this has been posted before, apologies if it has. Nice little read and oohhh a bit of a controversial shape back in the day.

One interesting fact is that at the time, the Boxster had the world's fastest electrically powered soft top at 12 seconds. Am sure that not a lot of people know that :lol:.

Oops, bit of a duff picture I took with bad reflection.

imageÅ

Interesting article, thanks for the post, how wrong he was re the shape, its also aged extremely well, better than any of the other cabs released that year for sure.

Good read! i don't particularly remember being that enamoured with the Boxster when it first came out, but it sure has aged very well. Probably draws more attention that any other £5k car. I also remember it being in Porsche Challenge on the PS1 back in the day! Loved that game, although it's not aged as well as the real life counterpart 🙂 

I haven't bought a Boxster yet ... but am very close to it. Really into the retro thing and for me the 986 has the same sort of vibe now as when I used to look at 911's from the 80's ..

21 hours ago, AMacdonald said:

I'm not sure that the bit about the water-cooled flat six appealing to purists really proved true 😉

Yes, the bit about "finally it has a proper engine" - well then several people disagreed with him... or at least it was proper but not powerful enough...

45 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Yes, the bit about "finally it has a proper engine" - well then several people disagreed with him... or at least it was proper but not powerful enough...

And then along came the 3.2 ...

Archived