PCM & Porsche logo on PCM screen (987.2)

Camels

Hi all - apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere previously and I just can't find it...

On my 987.2 (2011) I very occasionally get a Porsche logo coming up briefly on the PCM 3 screen when switching the system on.  I know it's trivial but I kind of quite like that however I have not been able to find a way of getting it to come up every time - any thoughts from anyone?  Does anyone else's unit do this?

FWIW I have the ASK system, not BOSE.

Thanks!

Don't have a .2 so cant say for definite but I am wondering if it is something to do with how fully shutdown the unit is? By this I mean our cars shut down electrical components after some time (20 mins?) to save on battery power. Perhaps when you turn it on, if it is only turned off you get the logo but if it is fully shutdown you don't or vice-versa...

1 hour ago, entdgc said:

Don't have a .2 so cant say for definite but I am wondering if it is something to do with how fully shutdown the unit is? By this I mean our cars shut down electrical components after some time (20 mins?) to save on battery power. Perhaps when you turn it on, if it is only turned off you get the logo but if it is fully shutdown you don't or vice-versa...

Yeah I thought it might be something like that however if that were the case I'd have expected it to always come on after using the car from parked (e.g. overnight), whereas it only happens very very infrequently...😕

I * think* its something like - turn it off (long press on the volume) before you switch the car off, and.... let the car go into deep sleep (5 day or 7 days) then when you start it back up the logo comes up.

Agree would like it to do it everytime

I have a 987.2 (with Bose - though not sure that makes a difference), and I also have seen this a few times, but again it isn't every time.

The only times I've notice it really have been when it decided to restart itself mid-drive (twice so far), and when it fully restarted I saw it but I don't remember seeing it if I just turn it on & off from the switch myself. When I get a bit more time I'll head out and see if a longer hold of the power button makes it happen or not.

Archived