987 drain hole locations

Paul P

Looking at the picture it seems there are a variable number in the front.  Either two or four. I don’t know what determines the difference, perhaps cars for different regions. 

the two under the spoiler were new to me. God knows how we get to them.  

48 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Looking at the picture it seems there are a variable number in the front.  Either two or four.

My 987.1 has 4 in the front. Iirc one of the dranins marked 3 is side on rather than horizontal so not so obvious.

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

Looking at the picture it seems there are a variable number in the front.  Either two or four. I don’t know what determines the difference, perhaps cars for different regions. 

Suppose it make sense to have them there though.

8 hours ago, Paul P said:

I washed my car today, and just out of interest I raised the rear spoiler to look for the drains.  I couldn't see anything that looked like a drain point, so God knows where they are :lol:

46 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I washed my car today, and just out of interest I raised the rear spoiler to look for the drains.  I couldn't see anything that looked like a drain point, so God knows where they are :lol:

If you look at the diagram what they call a spoiler is what we call a clam shell. Often have that problem on the PET diagrams; Porsche terminology is all over the place.

6 minutes ago, red rocket said:

If you look at the diagram what they call a spoiler is what we call a clam shell. Often have that problem on the PET diagrams; Porsche terminology is all over the place.

Gonna disagree there. The ones under the clamshell are labelled 1 in the diagram.  Referred to as drip pan.  Those labelled 6 are way back.  

the drip pan ones and the @Davey P can’t find them ones are in the 2nd diagram as well. 

19 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Gonna disagree there. The ones under the clamshell are labelled 1 in the diagram.  Referred to as drip pan.  Those labelled 6 are way back.  

the drip pan ones and the @Davey P can’t find them ones are in the 2nd diagram as well. 

Just shows how confusing it is. There is a line straight from 6 to the clam shell and another to somewhere on the left side. Neither of them are anywhere near the spoiler.

1 hour ago, beaks said:

thanks for posting @Paul P - may I ask where you got the image?

cheers,

ian b

Ian. It was given to me by someone in a forum a little while ago.  I believe it to be from the official documents and possibly sourced from someone with Porsche partner network access but I never knew the source.  

23 hours ago, Paul P said:

Ian. It was given to me by someone in a forum a little while ago.  I believe it to be from the official documents and possibly sourced from someone with Porsche partner network access but I never knew the source.  

thanks Paul - it's a useful addition to my files 🙂

Archived