Washer water bottle

Cheddar Bob

Have you got headlamp washers?  The water syphons out of the jets if they are old and cracked, check for pools under the front of the car.  Only solution seems to be replacements from OPC about £150 each. 😨

If you haven't got washers, not got a clue...

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Have you got headlamp washers?  The water syphons out of the jets if they are old and cracked, check for pools under the front of the car.  Only solution seems to be replacements from OPC about £150 each. 😨

If you haven't got washers, not got a clue...

No headlight washers. Just runs straight out... I'll check for a pipe if it's come off..

@Cheddar Bob somewhere in the screen washer circuit is a y or t piece that can split because in the service history file For my car there is a bill for sorting it out.

2 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

No headlight washers. Just runs straight out... I'll check for a pipe if it's come off..

This is the exploded picture from the part catalogue. Might help.

h6fDYLU.jpg 

It is an easy job Bob.

As above, it will either be coming out in the scuttle panel and. you will see that it is wet there - if so push / twist the relevant pipe back on.

If not this then a pipe has come adrift under the wheel arch liner.

Whip the liner of and fix.

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

This is the exploded picture from the part catalogue. Might help.

h6fDYLU.jpg 

Just follow the above diagram and you will find the leak, not a mystery just a process to follow, good luck

So hoorah its fixed and it wasn't the washer bottle. What a numpty. Still I took some photos and a couple of videos, easy fix....Was good to be under the car

Please note -the axle stand was there for safety and im aware it would damage the car if it fell, but id rather that than me

o8tIdsA.jpg

OqAhYYl.jpg

Some nice corrosion on the brake pipes

swixEYZ.jpg

B6DDO2g.jpg

Anyway, the bits you want to see:

before

After

Are you jacking on the jacking point in the picture, just looks like your jack is not in far enough for the jacking point?  And why not jack it a bit higher to get the axle stand on to the chassis, if the worse was to happen.

Also I noticed your washers are spraying at the same time the wipers are going, not sure if its a fault on mine.  But wipers stop whilst I'm spraying the water, then start again when I let go, I just thought this was a cool feature from Porsche.

24 minutes ago, Sanky said:

Are you jacking on the jacking point in the picture, just looks like your jack is not in far enough for the jacking point?  And why not jack it a bit higher to get the axle stand on to the chassis, if the worse was to happen.

Yes I am, assuming its the squared off point on the corner of the sill... 

No need to jack any higher as the job is done now, but in future I might do so. I don't like jacking cars up. 

The jacking point is further in from the sill, a nice flat spot, there are loads of videos on YT showing them.  I am also not big fan of jacking cars up, but if you like tinkering and own a Boxster, best get use to it 🙂

15 minutes ago, Sanky said:

The jacking point is further in from the sill, a nice flat spot, there are loads of videos on YT showing them.  I am also not big fan of jacking cars up, but if you like tinkering and own a Boxster, best get use to it 🙂

The manual also shows four places on the sill, one at the front and the back on each side. Where I used. Its also the place folk put axle stands. 

10 minutes ago, Sanky said:

Maybe you are in the correct place, its been awhile since I've got underneath 👍

I think there are a few places that you could jack up the car. Theres a central point underneath for the rear. 

13 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Does anyone recommend cable tie or gaffa tape for securing the hose to stop it popping off? 

I have zip tie (cable tie?) there to secure the connection from coming loose. Installed the zip tie to keep the plastic hose connection together since the connection came loose couple of times.

6 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

I have zip tie (cable tie?) there to secure the connection from coming loose. Installed the zip tie to keep the plastic hose connection together since the connection came loose couple of times.

Can't loose again today.... Cable tie it is

Check the end of the pipe. If enough there and it has stretched just snip the end off. 

On 7/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, Sanky said:

Also I noticed your washers are spraying at the same time the wipers are going, not sure if its a fault on mine.  But wipers stop whilst I'm spraying the water, then start again when I let go, I just thought this was a cool feature from Porsche.

I've just worked out this, if you pull the washers stalk all the way towards you the wipers keep moving. If you pull a little they stop

34 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I've just worked out this, if you pull the washers stalk all the way towards you the wipers keep moving. If you pull a little they stop

Glad they 'all do that, sir'.  Was wondering if I had the beginnings of a contact fault int eh stalk switch or something.  Seems my normal washing time with the jets coincides with the wiper hesitating and I'm not using full movement on the stalk.

Archived