Passenger Wiper Blade

beaks

Latest one for you 987 guru's...

I resprayed my wiper arms and replaced the wipers last weekend...

Have I placed the passenger side correctly? With the curved blade it has to sit a bit high... but it looks a bit... well it looks gash...

IMG-7512.jpg

Is this normal?

Thanks, as always...

Ian B

51 minutes ago, beaks said:

Latest one for you 987 guru's...

I resprayed my wiper arms and replaced the wipers last weekend...

Have I placed the passenger side correctly? With the curved blade it has to sit a bit high... but it looks a bit... well it looks gash...

IMG-7512.jpg

Is this normal?

Thanks, as always...

Ian B

bit high - blades when resting follow the same line across the screen on mine.

(this isn't a landrover after all - on my landy one was at 3 o'clock and the other was at 1 o'clock otherwise they'd not wipe the whole screen...)

The trouble is - if I put it (the arm) any lower the left hand side of the blade will dig into the plastic edge of the windscreen or indeed the trim...

My blade has a slight radius - is this normal porsche spec as the photo from @iborguk looks like it's straight !?

The blade is a Bosch SP21 JS (I believe the JS part means it has a 'curved' profile)

Cheers,

Ian B

I think the arm should be lower (parallel with the cutout) and the blade is on the wrong way around.  :) 

Yes the passenger wiper arm should be lower and torqued to 28Nm (if Mr Pedantic is visiting)

The blades on current car (earlier pics were from my 987.1) are Bosch and as per the earlier posts my blade is smiling , not frowning - hope that helps.

despite it being Monday, I have now turned my frown upside down.

thanks for the help chaps.

I do feel like a grade A plonker, but at least the car looks better...

ian b

Archived