Front trunk emergency

Freeman

15 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Is it connected correctly? Seems that if I have to use it nothing will happen as the loop just floats on the white bit.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/3Rw35iW

If you pull the cable does it not pull on the white part and thus activate the lock?

Lxs0KeF.jpgbUDm8jh.jpgw42FmDw.jpg

Red.

No nothing happened but I was very gentle. I guess that I have missed something simple, will have to rethink my actions.

iborguk

Thanks, seems good. Initially the pull cable was not passing via the grommet to the outside of the wing .

22 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Is it working ? 

Don't know, I hope.

I know what I haven't done...too embarrassed to say :blink:, well,... Hmmmmm, I have left the latch in the 'open' position so there was nothing to open. :suicide_anim:

24 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Don't know, I hope.

I know what I haven't done...too embarrassed to say :blink:, well,... Hmmmmm, I have left the latch in the 'open' position so there was nothing to open. :suicide_anim:

No worries -  a number of us may have done something like that and worse , me included 😀

You may also be aware that in the event of a car battery failure there's a process for using another battery to open the bonnet.

It's detailed in the driver's manual under something like emergency unlocking from luggage compartment lid in the index.

Archived