111 point check temporary waiver!

martyn

Spoke to my local OPC yesterday with regard to making an appointment for the 111 point check needed to renew the 24 month Porsche warranty, I was advised that due to the recent Covid lockdown and to enable OPCs to “catch up” with outstanding work, Porsche GB have announced that no physical check is needed.

Apparently, if your warranty renewal date Is anytime between 1/10/20 and 31/11/20 it will just involve a 20 minute fee free “signing off exercise”, however it is mandatory that your car is within service timings (OPC) and is a seamless renewal with your old warranty, they will need to photograph your service book and V5 registration document.

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

should be waived anyway...BS in the first place on a car with an existing warranty looking to extend (acceptable only on one where it has already run out)

Agreed,

also, am I correct in the belief that the warranty renewal premium is frozen at every renewal to the original premium of £1190 as long as you continue the insurance ?

Could well be wrong but It’s just the way the renewal invitation is worded, and the fact it hasn’t gone up from the last time.....

56 minutes ago, martyn said:

Agreed,

also, am I correct in the belief that the warranty renewal premium is frozen at every renewal to the original premium of £1190 as long as you continue the insurance ?

Could well be wrong but It’s just the way the renewal invitation is worded, and the fact it hasn’t gone up from the last time.....

doubt its frozen, suspect it just changes every so often...not all insurance pricing is annually reviewed

On 9/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, martyn said:

Spoke to my local OPC yesterday with regard to making an appointment for the 111 point check needed to renew the 24 month Porsche warranty, I was advised that due to the recent Covid lockdown and to enable OPCs to “catch up” with outstanding work, Porsche GB have announced that no physical check is needed.

Apparently, if your warranty renewal date Is anytime between 1/10/20 and 31/11/20 it will just involve a 20 minute fee free “signing off exercise”, however it is mandatory that your car is within service timings (OPC) and is a seamless renewal with your old warranty, they will need to photograph your service book and V5 registration document.

Martyn 

My car is booked into Hatfield for the 111 point check next month (October) and meets the renewal dates you state above.

Are they only doing this for cars that fall into this two month timeframe? Seems strange.

Also are all OPC’s participating?

Which OPC told you this?

My car has full OPC service history.

If I can get this waiver I’ll owe you a beer 🍺

17 hours ago, Green Genie said:

Martyn 

My car is booked into Hatfield for the 111 point check next month (October) and meets the renewal dates you state above.

Are they only doing this for cars that fall into this two month timeframe? Seems strange.

Which OPC told you this?

Hi GG,

This was Colchester Porsche, I was told that the waiver is in fact just a “sign off’ on your car for the purchase of the warranty renewal. There is no cost involved as there is no 111 point check.
Its apparently been sanctioned by Porsche GB.
Now I’m certain the above dates are correct and the service girl thought that this small concession was announced to enable the OPCs to catch up with outstanding work caused by the garage lockdown. However, She was only speaking or Colchester OPC but the reasons given would naturally nationwide...surely!

Keep us informed with any results!

Martyn 

it would appear I owe you a beer 🍺 although with Coronavirus about it may have to unfortunately be virtual.

This is the reply I received from Porshe Reading when I passed on your information.

Thank you for your email.

Yes you are correct. Your service advisor would have explained this to you when they make the pre call to you, the day before. 

You are still able to pay for the 111 point check should you wish, but I can also remove it from your booking now and you can extend the warranty, when you collect the vehicle from the MOT.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this.

So car booked into Hatfield towards the end of the month with just the MOT and Warranty to pay for... result!

Thanks for posting this info. 👍

14 hours ago, Green Genie said:

Martyn 

it would appear I owe you a beer 🍺 although with Coronavirus about it may have to unfortunately be virtual.

This is the reply I received from Porshe Reading when I passed on your information.

Thank you for your email.

Yes you are correct. Your service advisor would have explained this to you when they make the pre call to you, the day before. 

You are still able to pay for the 111 point check should you wish, but I can also remove it from your booking now and you can extend the warranty, when you collect the vehicle from the MOT.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this.

So car booked into Hatfield towards the end of the month with just the MOT and Warranty to pay for... result!

Thanks for posting this info. 👍

Hi again, no problem and thanks for letting me know all went well.
Pleased to have saved you a few bob and looking forward to drinking my virtual pint 🍺 in a virtual pub that doesn’t have to close at 10pm!😳

As my MOT/service and expiry of my existing extended warranty happened in mid September I wanted to ensure any problems with the car would be taken care of under the warranty. I visited the dealership in March for a complementary vehicle check in readiness for my planned drive to Switzerland mid April, thinking ahead I discussed the service requirements with a service rep, fixed a date in September when everything could undertaken to save multiple visits. I ‘ suggested ‘ to him that when performing the service many of the items on the 111 check would have been done so why is there an additional charge, no real reason given but he said the charge would be waived. I checked with the dealer 10 days prior to the date to make sure there were no alterations due to the virus effect on staffing levels, from the email response I get the feeling that the ‘ free ‘ 111 check was reluctantly honoured.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, Green Genie said:

Martyn 

Which OPC told you this?

@martyn you'll be owed another beer if this works - my 911 is due for warranty extension later this month - so I'll give this a whirl and see.

1 hour ago, frozen said:

@martyn you'll be owed another beer if this works - my 911 is due for warranty extension later this month - so I'll give this a whirl and see.

Wow, Another virtual pint, at this rate I’ll be boozed.....virtually! 
Good luck, and Please let us know what happens.

3 hours ago, frozen said:

ok, my local OPC just confirmed no fee for 111 checks - woo hoo! Pint confirmed - please provide name/location of your designated pub and I'll get one in for you 🙂

Thanks frozen, but just really pleased to have helped you out, have the pint yourself and reflect on our good fortune! 
PS. I’m In a really good mood because against all the odds West Ham have just this minute tonked Leicester at home 0-3!!! COYI.

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Thanks frozen, but just really pleased to have helped you out, have the pint yourself and reflect on our good fortune! 
PS. I’m In a really good mood because against all the odds West Ham have just this minute tonked Leicester at home 0-3!!! COYI.

ok will do, not a west ham fan, but understand the stoicism and resilience it must take to be one  ;-) Enjoy your good news and thanks again :-)

10 minutes ago, frozen said:

ok will do, not a west ham fan, but understand the stoicism and resilience it must take to be one  ;-) Enjoy your good news and thanks again 🙂

Stoicism and resilience, your not wrong there mate 🙂

1 hour ago, BobW1 said:

Just to add my thanks for your info martyn. I have just had Guildford OPC confirm the non requirement for a 111.

Another very happy customer......

That’s great news, My hat trick! 
Many thanks Bob for letting me know, what’s more it has shut the wife up, she’s always said I’m no good to man nor beast! 🙂👍

3 minutes ago, Andrew bell said:

i phoned Porsche Perth and they actually volunteered this information (which was nice) though having this information in back pocket was super useful.

I can’t quite claim this one as a goal, let’s call it an assist! 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is supposed to finish at the end of November, but with increasing Covid cases again I wonder what the chance of this being extended?  (I use OPCs currently moving into tier3 restrictions).   Mine isn’t due until end of Feb so I may be clutching at straws but who knows?

You are “allowed” to run up to 3 years of Porsche warranty. I.e. you can renew your warranty when you have 1 year -1day remaining on you current one. I’ve always done this so that the 111 check falls on my service dates and can therefore get a substantial discount on the check that would otherwise add 20% to the cost of the warranty.

1 hour ago, Flyferrari said:

You are “allowed” to run up to 3 years of Porsche warranty. I.e. you can renew your warranty when you have 1 year -1day remaining on you current one. I’ve always done this so that the 111 check falls on my service dates and can therefore get a substantial discount on the check that would otherwise add 20% to the cost of the warranty.

Interesting option.   The initial post in this thread say: “Apparently, if your warranty renewal date Is anytime between 1/10/20 and 31/11/20.....”. 
in my case this does not apply as my renewal date is Feb 21.  However if it applies to actual renewals carried out in this date range rather than due dates then maybe I can go ahead?   

A call to the OPC may be in order.

Archived