Front bumper slats

bandit_287

I bought some race mesh a few weeks ago to make my own Zunsport grills. I need to remove the slats from the front bumper to fit the mesh behind but I can’t seem to be able to remove them. I’ve tried pushing/pulling but they’re stuck in there pretty tight and I don’t want to force them incase I snap one. Can anybody help with a technique to remove each slat? Push up then out etc or just grab and pull?

Many thanks. 

I had mine done,removed the front bumper full section and glued the mesh in place damn cheaper than Zunsport things!

Si

Mine came with Zunsports fitted (and a Porsche warranty) otherwise I'd go for the mesh option. 

I bought a grille where the centre radiator is fitted on earlier 'S's to finish the look - why doesn't a 981 have a centre radiator?

10 hours ago, RickLS7 said:

Mine came with Zunsports fitted (and a Porsche warranty) otherwise I'd go for the mesh option. 

I bought a grille where the centre radiator is fitted on earlier 'S's to finish the look - why doesn't a 981 have a centre radiator?

Depends on the model - GTS has centre rad.

Davidbf1.com - Interesting that your car came with an OPC warranty yet with Zunnsports fitted. I've just fitted some to my 981 and I was wondering, as they are not Porsche items, would the OPC get a bit shirty if they're still on when I take it for it's next service? 

14 hours ago, GladysFriday said:

Davidbf1.com - Interesting that your car came with an OPC warranty yet with Zunnsports fitted. I've just fitted some to my 981 and I was wondering, as they are not Porsche items, would the OPC get a bit shirty if they're still on when I take it for it's next service? 

@GladysFridayit was @RickLS7who mentioned his car came with warranty and zumsports fitted.

Very much depends on the OPC, some don’t mind and others do. Good thing about Zunsport’s is they are easy to remove and refit.

I removed the bumper when I had a 986 and found two dead birds amongst the leaves, a cooling system needs good airflow and clear of debris to be efficient. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, GladysFriday said:

Nearly 2 years ago the OPC where I bought the warranty from told me it’s not necessary to remove the grilles for the 111 check. Obviously not official policy, but they know you’ll only put them back on afterwards!

I had a 987 before my 981 and fitted Zunsport grills whilst the car had a warranty. I made a couple of claims no problems. Then due to renewal date approaching had the 111 point check and they listed the Zunsport grills as needing removal before a warranty could be issued. Quoted price to remove £300 😂😂 Warranty was not renewed due to them also finding 3k worth of work doing which was well OTT. Especially as just before renewal one claim was for one front spring that had snapped. They renewed both and also done tracking all covered by warranty. No mention at the time the front shocks were corroded on the rods and also by the top mounts. Then when the 111 point check was carried out literally a couple of moths latter this was within the list of works needed!! I wasn’t impressed but didn’t say anything cos what would have been the point.

981 has Zunsport front grills but it’s not got a warranty and I’m not going to request a check to put one on. Which as it’s always been serviced by OPC,s I could do at its next service in May as it’s a major. But I’ll probably take it to an independent 👍

Archived