Side Light Failure

Greyanglia

Hi All,

I’ve had a side light fail so bought a standard H8 replacement from Halfords and it has not made any difference. Do I have a connector problem or is it something more sinister that needs an auto electrician to diagnose the problem?

I’m happy to ditch both bulbs and replace with LED’s if someone has a good recommendation that won’t throw an error code. It’s a 987.1 2.7 2008.

Thanks,

Michael

12 minutes ago, Greyanglia said:

Hi All,

I’ve had a side light fail so bought a standard H8 replacement from Halfords and it has not made any difference. Do I have a connector problem or is it something more sinister that needs an auto electrician to diagnose the problem?

I’m happy to ditch both bulbs and replace with LED’s if someone has a good recommendation that won’t throw an error code. It’s a 987.1 2.7 2008.

Thanks,

Michael

the H8 is your fog lamp...

you just need the little 5w joker that's tucked away in the corner of the lamp unit 🙂

6 minutes ago, Greyanglia said:

Ah, thanks. Must have missed that and love this forum as one can make a t*t of one self (as I have) without fear of too much p*ss taking 😀

ah it's just one of those things bud, happens to us all!

I recently replaced mine with LED's - there's a separate thread and may be worth thinking about if you're having the car in bits...

cheers 🙂

Archived