Brake Discs

Rooose

So, having decided not to go the Porsche warranty route (which I may or may not live to regret), I am accumulating the parts for a rear brake change over the winter.

I am decided on pads but looking at discs got me thinking. I was going to simply go for the usual Textar pads/Sebro discs but given their love of rust accumulation, I am wondering if Sebro is the way to go.

I used some Brembo discs on my old 987 which I thought were great - the hats were very well painted in a hammered grey paint and looked good as new when I sold it. The 2,000 mile old Sebro discs I have on the front now, while not bad, do not have the same kind of quality finish in my opinion.

So, anyone have any opinions on Brembo vs Sebro discs?

As an alternative, I have been looking at the Rotinger Graphite Line drilled and slotted discs - I like the idea of less drilled holes to avoid the corrosion and they also seem to coat the insides and edges as well as the hats - which for me is a big plus!

Does anyone have any experience of Rotinger discs?

I know, I am making disc buying way too complicated............

2 hours ago, mightymetro said:

I got the OE stuff from Eurocar parts

sebro discs and textar pads.  Brakes just like it did before........perfect.

ended up about 25% the price of the dealer 

Yes, will probably end up with sebro discs, just wondering if there were any other recommended combinations.

I am no racing driver so I am sure they will be more than ok for me.

I just don't like their willingness to corrode so easily!

13 hours ago, Rooose said:

just don't like their willingness to corrode so easily!

I don’t think there much difference corrosion wise w.r.t. to discs, though it seems the Sebro ‘hats’ don’t get much of a factory coating.  Obviously you could easily add a coat of something yourself if you wanted (a few have done this) just keep the mating surfaces clear.

Archived