Retrofitting electric folding mirrors

Driyage

No idea, but as a rule, Porsche are not generous with cabling. So if it wasn't there to start with and doesn't use existing wiring, expect to need the cabling done also - which might make it relatively expensive.

I'd love to get them retrofitted to my 987.1. So much easier getting in & out of the garage. Also feels like better manners in small modern parking spaces. That said, these are neat little cars beside many of today's monsters.

Yes definitely possible it's all controlled by VW modules and wiring loom which could easily be substituted in from another vehicle. You are looking at best part of £1000 before you've done the work yourself though so probably not worth it.

You would require motorised mirrors, switch, wiring per side and the door modules coded to activate the option. Why do you miss it? I turn it off on my Golf as it's a pain.

2 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Yes definitely possible it's all controlled by VW modules and wiring loom which could easily be substituted in from another vehicle. You are looking at best part of £1000 before you've done the work yourself though so probably not worth it.

You would require motorised mirrors, switch, wiring per side and the door modules coded to activate the option. Why do you miss it? I turn it off on my Golf as it's a pain.

I'd use if I had it but not for the agg of a retro and 1k. Badge fix.

You can buy a pair of VW golf folding mirrors and the loom and door modules per side for £250. It may be possible and it quite often is with VAG stuff that it's interchangeable so potentially you could transplant the motors to our mirrors. That's a long shot though, maybe something I could try some day if I can muster the motivation.

4 hours ago, moospeed said:

This is a win for the Evora as they've all got them fitted.  Didn't pay for that option with the dealer?  No worries, buy a switch and job done 😉

As you say, think it was over £350+ to spec but cost me just over £5 for the ford Mondeo switch😂 to activate.

21 hours ago, daz05 said:

Thanks for the info daz, yes didn’t think it was going to be cheap , but 1k is a bit too much I guess. Reason I miss it is that where I park (underground car park) bays are quite tight and mirrors seem to be the ones that gets snagged by people (I think the rears is wider than the front in terms of being exposed)

On my AMG love the feature of fold on lock too so gives a quick visual indication that’s it’s locked ..

seen some newer folding mirrors (with the puddle light) on the bay for reasonable amounts...

Archived