997 GT3 Brake Duct Upgrade

beaks

Fitted a pair on 997 GT3 front brake ducts today.

It's a pretty simple job - you need a flat blade screwdriver to 'ping' open a clip to remove the old ones... and fitting the new ones only requires your hands.

They don't take long to fit - just a bit of wriggling and twisting - and total fear you're going to break the sodding things.

My only bit of advice is take a good look at how they're fitted before you remove the old ones - if you go in all gung-ho you'll forget how they're supposed to go and it'll slow you down a little (basically I went for the gung-ho option) while you figure it out.

As you can see in the photo below they have more 'sculptured' vans and also the tail is longer meaning the air is deflected closer to your disc.

They look fast and that's good enough for me.

IMG-1765.jpg

IMG-1766.jpg

Will they make any real world difference? Maybe a little bit.

Will I actually notice? Possibly.

These cost £5.75 from your local OPC.

Seriously. That's all they cost. And that's for the pair.

997 341 483 92 (Left)

997 341 484 92 (Right)

Cheers!

Ian B

It's a cheap mod. You won't notice any difference in regular or day to day driving. You only notice the difference when the brakes get really hot. If you've had brake fade or run out of brakes before then these can help.

3 minutes ago, edc said:

It's a cheap mod. You won't notice any difference in regular or day to day driving. You only notice the difference when the brakes get really hot. If you've had brake fade or run out of brakes before then these can help.

my car is a toy and only gets used when it can be abused.

the daily does most of the work.

2 hours ago, beaks said:

Fitted a pair on 997 GT3 front brake ducts today.

It's a pretty simple job - you need a flat blade screwdriver to 'ping' open a clip to remove the old ones... and fitting the new ones only requires your hands.

They don't take long to fit - just a bit of wriggling and twisting - and total fear you're going to break the sodding things.

My only bit of advice is take a good look at how they're fitted before you remove the old ones - if you go in all gung-ho you'll forget how they're supposed to go and it'll slow you down a little (basically I went for the gung-ho option) while you figure it out.

As you can see in the photo below they have more 'sculptured' vans and also the tail is longer meaning the air is deflected closer to your disc.

They look fast and that's good enough for me.

IMG-1765.jpg

IMG-1766.jpg

Will they make any real world difference? Maybe a little bit.

Will I actually notice? Possibly.

These cost £5.75 from your local OPC.

Seriously. That's all they cost. And that's for the pair.

997 341 483 92 (Left)

997 341 484 92 (Right)

Cheers!

Ian B

£5.75 from the OPC, for both?!?

These are constantly advertised on eBay for £20+ a pair, easy way to make money!

14 minutes ago, Boxstercol said:

£5.75 from the OPC, for both?!?

These are constantly advertised on eBay for £20+ a pair, easy way to make money!

Yup, it's mad. Even my parts chap was surprised.

And agreed - eBay jokers add a whole new meaning to 'Porsche Tax'...

Archived