Phone Mounts & Radios

TGI_J

So having just purchased my Boxster S, I'm in need of a new phone mount as my old cars solution doesn't really work. Would love to do a double din conversion to have the nav etc all built in there, but sadly converting to the GT3 Console delete as I need the leg space. 

I'm currently sat on two options. Either a iOttie dash mount, or actually replacing my radio (came with an aftermarket one which leaves a lot to be desired) with the Pioneer SPH-20DAB which has a little phone holder and comes with the added benefit of a better radio to connect too. 

Downside to doing the GT3 Console delete is that I can't mount my phone onto the cubby with something like the Brodit mount, so anything similar is out the question. Downside to the Pioneer unit is that the phone would cover the AC controls. Is it possible to swap the position of the Radio and AC Controls at all? 

What phone holding solutions have you guys got? Or even DIY solutions could be fantastic 

• Like 1

I use something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/ring-magnetic-adjustable-phone-mount/112FY?tc=LT7&ds_kid=92700046638549236&ds_rl=1243318&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdT_h46x8AIVdIBQBh3bzwJ2EAQYDyABEgK40fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

works pretty well, just make sure you get a decent one, I have 2 different ones and one of them is a waste of time and phone constantly falls off, the other one works great. I think I got both from Amazon think the good one is made by trust or something like that and the other was a cheap one.

I use one of these purchased off eBay for around £8 stuck on the dash on right side off steering wheel (you can put it anywhere). You might find that although the pioneer headunit mentioned  holds your phone in a perfect position it will also cover your heater controls.

Magnetic Phone Car Mount Holder Stand 360° Stick On Dashboard For Mobile Phone

34 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

I bought the Rennline magnetic mount from Design911. Nice and tidy solution, albeit more expensive!

Does this work if the console delete has been installed?

Asking because both the OP and I have this option fitted so interested to learn if/how the Rennline option works in this scenario.

Thanks

map

On 5/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, map said:

Does this work if the console delete has been installed?

Asking because both the OP and I have this option fitted so interested to learn if/how the Rennline option works in this scenario.

Thanks

map

Nope. It may help someone else though. 

Edited by Dazzevans