Interior Hood Cleaning

Gramps

So, I've seem umpteen posts on the best way to clean the hood of your Boxster, but none on how to clean it on the inside??? I know it's not something you tend to do but looked up at mine today (apologies for not having it down when the sun was out) and I thought hmmmm, that needs a clean. Best way I can describe it is it looks like sweat stains on a black T-shirt. Anyone know the best way to clean the inside? Or is it just a case of soapy water and a brush? The outside looks tiptop. TIA51207990204_0779132ef0_z.jpg

One of the tips on here for cleaning mouldy hoods is to use Milton Sterilising Fluid.  I don't know if it works, and obviously I have no need for this now I have upgraded to the mighty Cayman... :lol:

• Like 1

The stains are likely from condensation build up.  That’s a fairly typical thing that happens from being parked up a while or under covers that don’t breath well. 

As Davey says dilute Milton fluid is good for chasing them away and if you are prone to parking up for longer periods or use a cover then maybe some moisture absorbent silica bags behind the seats might help (likely a winter thing)

• Like 2

Definitely looks like mould. You can check by trying to wipe away with a finger...if it wipes off it's mould. If so you need something to kill it. Milton is probably a good choice or alternatively a straightforward fungicidal wash from B&Q ......have used on a light coloured kitchen blind with no bleaching, discolouration or other deteimental effect.

• Like 1