and a different 'cutting out

Freeman

Driving at speed (sometime did happen after a red light) the car stops pulling. RPM remain steady i.e doesn't drop, engine sound remains the same but it feels as someone hit the brakes. If cruise control is engage then the car disengages it. Any idea?

12 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Driving at speed (sometime did happen after a red light) the car stops pulling. RPM remain steady i.e doesn't drop, engine sound remains the same but it feels as someone hit the brakes. If cruise control is engage then the car disengages it. Any idea?

Brake pedal switch or throttle position sensor ?

Edited by iborguk

Cruise disengages if it thinks you have touched the brake or the clutch. 

both I believe have two switches one is you have pressed the pedal the other is you have touched the pedal. 

I would start with contact cleaner or wd40 bath with lots of manual pedal wiggle on the electrics of both. 

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Cruise disengages if it thinks you have touched the brake or the clutch. 

both I believe have two switches one is you have pressed the pedal the other is you have touched the pedal. 

I would start with contact cleaner or wd40 bath with lots of manual pedal wiggle on the electrics of both. 

^This^

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Just an update.

The problem was the cruise control, nothing was found wrong with the throttle/brake switch, also, the problem didn't show again.

Interesting. How was that diagnosed and what was done to resolve it ? (or are you waiting for it to happen again?)

Edited by iborguk