Mega spec Boxster S Spotted on Autotrader

djy

Saw this listed today on Autotrader. 

It's got to be a real rarity to find one with pretty much every option. Not sure I've ever seen one with so many options fitted. My last red one had pretty much everything, but no carbon ceramic brakes. 

This one has: 

Sport chrono

PASM

PSE

PTV diff

Carbon ceramics

Extended leather

Heated electric seats

Dual zone climate

Bose, PCM etc

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108136200735

Expensive, but a great car for someone looking for all the options! 

9 hours ago, djy said:

Saw this listed today on Autotrader. 

It's got to be a real rarity to find one with pretty much every option. Not sure I've ever seen one with so many options fitted. My last red one had pretty much everything, but no carbon ceramic brakes. 

This one has: 

Sport chrono

PASM

PSE

PTV diff

Carbon ceramics

Extended leather

Heated electric seats

Dual zone climate

Bose, PCM etc

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108136200735

Expensive, but a great car for someone looking for all the options! 

“Ad no longer available”

On 8/14/2021 at 10:43 AM, Greenman said:

Yeh, Ceramics and PTV are pretty rare options,  but it’s strong money for a ‘13 reg so it will need to be someone that must have those options.

Would be better with Carrera S wheels to my eyes.

Mine has PTV, does it make a difference? Not to me.  Likely even less so given it's 2.7...

On 8/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, AnthonyR said:

Mine is pretty well specced and it's on Pistonheads at the moment:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12054396

Does the sports-sports plus dial on your swapped 718 steering wheel work? Nice mod and a big improvement on the 981 wheel 

5 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Does the sports-sports plus dial on your swapped 718 steering wheel work? Nice mod and a big improvement on the 981 wheel 

It did work perfectly when first installed but for some reason has been a bit flaky lately.

The wheel is heated as well, it's lovely.

• Like 1

Sold mine today to the trade. Lost some confidence after the steering rack failed. Not uncommon it appears and not acceptable on a car with 15k. Still did very well largely as result of the inflated prices across the used xar market. Mine was for sale for some time one private enquiry everything else enquiry wise from traders. 
In my (recent!) experience you won’t sell a 981 for big money privately. People want the security and convenience of buying through a dealer. 
Quite chuffed I didn’t spaff £2k on PSE now as well!

19 hours ago, highway said:

Sold mine today to the trade. Lost some confidence after the steering rack failed. Not uncommon it appears and not acceptable on a car with 15k. Still did very well largely as result of the inflated prices across the used xar market. Mine was for sale for some time one private enquiry everything else enquiry wise from traders. 
In my (recent!) experience you won’t sell a 981 for big money privately. People want the security and convenience of buying through a dealer. 

That really didn't last too long then, can imagine having something like that fail knocking confidence.  Touch wood I've been lucky with the one I bought a few months before yours last year.

Feeling committed to mine for a bit longer now having just got the major service and another year's warranty added - those options are great but increase the chances of stuff to go wrong in an expensive way.

Fortunate timing really on the inflated prices, depending on if you're looking for it's replacement also at an inflated price of course.  Remember my blue elise you and your dad saw?  Just read an article on PH about a standard S1, nothing noteworthy apart from 1 owner, selling price for it is way over what I sold my SVA Sport 160 (i.e. top model) around this time last year.  So far no comments on "how much?!?!" so seems to be accepted that the pricing bubble hasn't burst yet - and maybe it won't...

23 hours ago, highway said:

It’s like I was saying to you on Facebook when you’d posted it and you’ve said in your own post, you were always going to struggle for any private buyers at that end of the market. A lot of people with a budget of what you had the car listed at are likely to be looking at some sort finance deal through a dealer. It was a small pool outside of traders. 

14 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

53k for a seven year old car , wow 

Same price as it was 12k miles ago when Teesside had it for sale https://www.porscheteesside.co.uk/approved-pre-owned-cars/porsche-boxster-24v-s/4251492~~jct600~usedcarmodel~en

Edited by kharma45

Madness. Some people are going to get badly burned when the current feeding frenzy comes to an end. We know it’s coming. No one knows when. When it does hit things will change very quickly. No one wants to be holding something overvalued when the big correction hits 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, highway said:

Madness. Some people are going to get badly burned when the current feeding frenzy comes to an end. We know it’s coming. No one knows when. When it does hit things will change very quickly. No one wants to be holding something overvalued when the big correction hits 

Yep totally agree. I pushed my budget up a bit from where I was 6 months ago but would rather sit right than buy at the top. Realistically I’m in no big rush and things may cool slightly for convertibles as autumn and winter approaches, but that could be wishful thinking…

These high values are purely theoretical.

I have had contact with 3 potential buyers so far, every single one has mentioned the rising market and doesn't want to get bitten if there is a rapid correction, it's putting buyers off big time.

The most I have been offered is 35k and my car is practically faultless.

13 hours ago, AnthonyR said:

These high values are purely theoretical.

I have had contact with 3 potential buyers so far, every single one has mentioned the rising market and doesn't want to get bitten if there is a rapid correction, it's putting buyers off big time.

The most I have been offered is 35k and my car is practically faultless.

No offers from any traders? What you were offered is in and around where I’m looking but good cars are few. Ashgood has a red one but service history looks odd on it. 

31 minutes ago, AnthonyR said:

I think the red manual 3.4 at Ashgoods has been sold now.

I did have a couple of low ball offers when my ad first went live but they wern't even worth considering.

Might stick mine on Collecting Cars.

This is the one I was thinking of, looks like the service history has been updated as some of the dates were a bit off in terms of years and the gaps https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-24V-S-Pdk-For-Sale-U2567?cookies=accepted

CC isn’t a bad idea, might get a better reach than PistonHeads but it’s still niche next to autotrader.