Another job done!

joeluth

I was going to take a break after a fair bit of work on the car, but I still had a bit of rattle from the rear on rough roads, so I dived back in and replaced the only things left to do,  both rear trailing arms and the front anti roll bar bushes,  pretty easy jobs and I'm sooo glad I did!   no more rattle on rough roads,  the whole car "harmonized" and noticeably tightened up,  It just feels fantastic to drive now! 

I was going to do the rear anti roll bar bushes too but unfortunately the bolts seems to have seized into the subframe, it felt like they would snap if I turned them so I figured I'd quit whilst I was ahead and get back to that another time!

But yeah I had completely underestimated how much the worn out trailing arms affected the car,  so incredibly pleased with the result,
and I got a pair of very nice TRW/Pankle ones off eBay for £100 delivered! 

Edited by joeluth
  • Like 1

Just now, joeluth said:

I was going to take a break after a fair bit of work on the car, but I still had a bit of rattle from the rear on rough roads, so I dived back in and replaced the only things left to do,  both rear trailing arms and the front anti roll bar bushes,  pretty easy jobs and I'm sooo glad I did!   no more rattle on rough roads,  the whole car "harmonized" and noticeably tightened up,  It just feels fantastic to drive now! 

I was going to do the rear anti roll bar bushes too but unfortunately the bolts seems to have seized into the subframe, it felt like they would snap if I turned them so I figured I'd quit whilst I was ahead and get back to that another time!

But yeah I had completly underestimated how much the worn out trailing arms affected the car,  so incredibly pleased with the result,
and I got a pair of very nice TRW/Pankle ones off eBay for £100 delivered! 

Satisfying job done by the sounds of it 👍

5 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Satisfying job done by the sounds of it 👍

Yeah man! well I've never had a new car, not even close, just old Golfs and Mazdas,
but after doing all the suspension work the Boxster feels like a new car to me, and it's a Boxster so I'm double chuffed with it now! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

Are the trailing arms the forks? When I replaced those on the rear of mine it was like a new car, worked an absolute treat. Bit fiddley at the chassis end but overall pretty easy to switch.

Yep 'tuning forks' are the trailing arms.