Plugs and coils

zcacogp

Quickie: 

- What's the change interval on spark plugs on a 987.1 2.7? 

- What's the change interval on coil packs on a 987.1 2.7? 

- If a coil pack is failing and there is a (very faint and occasional) misfire then will it always throw a fault code, or is it possible to mis-fire slightly without a fault code? 

Thanks!

18 hours ago, zcacogp said:

Quickie: 

- What's the change interval on spark plugs on a 987.1 2.7? 

- What's the change interval on coil packs on a 987.1 2.7? 

- If a coil pack is failing and there is a (very faint and occasional) misfire then will it always throw a fault code, or is it possible to mis-fire slightly without a fault code? 

Thanks!

Hi, 

In the for sale section I have a set of 6 new Bosch spark plugs and used BERU coil packs.  The coil packs were changed because I couldn’t find when they had been changed before but are in excellent condition if you’re interested.

If you search my previous posts you’ll find a link to some BERU Cali packs which were a great price.   i just did all of mine instead of doing one here one there etc.

If you’re in there doing the spark plugs I’d just fit new coil packs.  Zero worries and a job ticked off the list.  

Guys,

Thanks for the answers. My 987.1 2.7 does occasionally hesitate slightly and I now that the coils and plugs haven't been done for a while (a while? Not since I bought the car and probably a couple of years before that) and I wonder whether there may be a bit more pep available if I was to replace some bits. I think that I have some plugs that I bought when I bought the car so fitting them goes on the list, the question is whether to splash out on some coils as well. 

Given the price of them I am inclined to just change the plugs and see what difference that makes. If it's still not quite 100% then I'll go for the coils as well. I take the point about it being easier to do them all at once but given that time is free but coil packs aren't then I'll probably just try the plugs in the first instance. 

sa Utah - you refer to BERU Cali packs. Are Cali packs a specific thing, or is this a typo of 'coil pack'? 

Thanks all. 

2 hours ago, sa utah said:

It’s the brand who make them  

find my link and you’ll hopefully get a set at a good price    

BERU is teh brand, the question was about an auto correct to 'Cali', as opposed to 'coil' I believe...