Droplinks

Jonners

Can someone just confirm the front and rear droplinks on the 987 are the same? 

All the ones listed on ebay just seem to say front droplinks. The ones on design911 say suitable for front and rear. 

Cheers!

52 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Get your swear box ready!!!

Haha! Front ones weren't too much of a problem. Fingers crossed the backs follow suit!

I'm buying bits for a full rear suspension refresh. Presume it's pretty similar to doing the front, just need to disconnect the drive shafts. 

Just now, JonSta said:

Yep. Time you're finished you'll have enough money in there to have paid someone to do it.....

Winter project!

Quite enjoyed doing the front, hopefully rear will be the same!

3 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Haha! Front ones weren't too much of a problem. Fingers crossed the backs follow suit!

I'm buying bits for a full rear suspension refresh. Presume it's pretty similar to doing the front, just need to disconnect the drive shafts. 

Do them in board, rear control arm and bottom wishbone and remove calipers, undo the top strut mount once everything is free.

2 minutes ago, JonSta said:

I'd heard so much about how difficult it was I took in to a garage. They'd done them in 15 minutes....

I can, but I use oxy acetylene to  warm the hub up!!

Wait for the rear camber/toe link bolts to be seized too!!!  Otherwise rear is much like the front.  I took the drives shafts off of the drive flange on the gearbox as I had no way to generate the torque required to undo the hub nut.  A bit fiddly to refit (lots of extensions the ratchet) but makes it a DIY doable job.

Edited by ½cwt

12 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Wait for the rear camber/toe link bolts to be seized too!!!  Otherwise rear is much like the front.  I took the drives shafts off of the drive flange on the gearbox as I had no way to generate the torque required to undo the hub nut.  A bit fiddly to refit (lots of extensions the ratchet) but makes it a DIY doable job.

Fingers crossed the SnapOn rattle gun is up to the job!

1 hour ago, Jonners said:

Fingers crossed the SnapOn rattle gun is up to the job!

The problem with these can be that the bolt seizes into an alloy bush that is in a rubber bush. The bush absorbs the impacts or in the worst case just tears away still in place....  Recip saw or cutting disc required to be on stand by at least.

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The problem with these can be that the bolt seizes into an alloy bush that is in a rubber bush. The bush absorbs the impacts or in the worst case just tears away still in place....  Recip saw or cutting disc required to be on stand by at least.

And copious amounts of anti seize on assembly