Few pic's

Elmer Fudd

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

Your soft top looks good. Is it new or have you used something on it?

It does look in great condition.

It is not though unfortunately fitted very well. It is sitting a few mm out of the rain channel and water will get in there (unless he has the hard top on :)

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

That head unit screen looks very reflective.  Bright day, roof down, not easy to read I would imagine.

I haven't had a problem with it

2 hours ago, JonSta said:

Your soft top looks good. Is it new or have you used something on it?

Thanks, It's new.

1 hour ago, TROOPER88 said:

It does look in great condition.

It is not though unfortunately fitted very well. It is sitting a few mm out of the rain channel and water will get in there (unless he has the hard top on :)

Oh, where abouts do you mean?

1 minute ago, Elmer Fudd said:

I haven't had a problem with it

Thanks, It's new.

Oh, where abouts do you mean?

If you look, you can see the beading for circa 6 inches above the bodywork.

Get the hose on there and be sure its not letting by. Hopefully it is all good.

5 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

If you look, you can see the beading for circa 6 inches above the bodywork.

Get the hose on there and be sure its not letting by. Hopefully it is all good.

Not sure where you mean, but I'll get a hose on it. Hope it doesn't leak, if it does I'll have to take it back to the fitter.

Looking good @Elmer Fudd, not seen those lower sills before, look a bit more sporty without being over the top. Looks like a clean car and can’t go wrong with a red interior!

prefer the ambers myself on a 986, but the clears look good with the silver too

Edited by Mattman42

9 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Looking good @Elmer Fudd, not seen those lower sills before, look a bit more sporty without being over the top. Looks like a clean car and can’t go wrong with a red interior!

prefer the ambers myself on a 986, but the clears look good with the silver too

Yeah, I like the body kit, kinda looks a bit like the original prototype.

That was an older picture, the headlights now have the Amber indicators, apart from the side repeaters which are still clear.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:00 PM, Elmer Fudd said:

Not sure where you mean, but I'll get a hose on it. Hope it doesn't leak, if it does I'll have to take it back to the fitter.

In the bottom right hand corner of the passenger window, across the black plastic. You can see the gap, it should be tucked behind that. 

Edited by GmanB
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Elmer Fudd said:

HzRhpIA.jpg

VkeSDbR.jpg

Mmmm Focal speakers - lovely.  

Interested in your views on how they sound mounted in the Bose shelf - have looked at that option before but wondered if the shelf design is too specific to Bose.

Can you let me know which Focal kit or components you have used please?  And if you have them, some photos of the tweeter install in the Bose shelf would be really helpful.

Have you also upgraded the dash speakers and if so what brand/model did you use?

Curious about the sub location  (and brand/model) - where else did you consider putting it?  Under the driver's seat for example?

How have you approached the system's amplification?

Looks like a lot of thought and effort has gone into the car as whole 👏

3 hours ago, map said:

Mmmm Focal speakers - lovely.  

Interested in your views on how they sound mounted in the Bose shelf - have looked at that option before but wondered if the shelf design is too specific to Bose.

Can you let me know which Focal kit or components you have used please?  And if you have them, some photos of the tweeter install in the Bose shelf would be really helpful.

Have you also upgraded the dash speakers and if so what brand/model did you use?

Curious about the sub location  (and brand/model) - where else did you consider putting it?  Under the driver's seat for example?

How have you approached the system's amplification?

Looks like a lot of thought and effort has gone into the car as whole 👏

TBH it was kinda an experiment, like yourself I wasn't too sure how they would sound but I was pleasantly surprised! Really decent sound from a budget kit. I think keeping to the original setup of separate woofers and tweeters, with the addition of crossovers fitted in the enclosure, is the only way to go with the shelf. This kit fits easily using the same mounting holes for the woofers, and the tweeters come with little mounting pods, choice of three, I used the straight ones and they slot right into the original housing, you need to drill through for the cable, and I secured using hot glue, although you can use screws if you wish, sorry I haven't got any pic's.

The kit ..... https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/focal-130as-access-series-13cm-5-25-component-car-speakers-with-sound-proofing-material.html

Dash speakers are Pioneer ......  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07574Y2GY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Choices are limited for speakers because of the size and fitment, but these sound great, adaption kit I bought to fit them .....  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115061872838?hash=item1aca38d8c6:g:WOYAAOSwf4pg0NbW 

H2nwei6.jpg

The sub was a difficult one, as in where to mount it, I wanted it to fill the cabin naturally without distortion or bouncing off panels etc, the problem with fitting under the seat is it makes the seat vibe 😂 and that one wouldn't fit anyhoo. The only other place to fit it would of been in the passenger foot well, and I didn't want it to be in the way of a good leg stretch 🤣 ...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352729430636?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=7101533165274578&mkcid=2&itemid=352729430636&targetid=4584826055637462&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=412354546&mkgroupid=1299623041023876&rlsatarget=pla-4584826055637462&abcId=9300541&merchantid=87779&msclkid=42a45a718b4f17a9f3e03b089ca516b5

Thinking about it I'm not sure I would buy that one again, maybe get a sub speaker and box it in myself, hay-ho.

The amp I put under the seat

upCa0zy.jpg

Although I may move it as the seat touches it if you have it at it's lowest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352555046164

@Elmer Fudd - really appreciate you making the time to write such a full reply. Thank you.

Now I know they fit and fit well I’ll add a similar setup to my own build in due course.

Am a big fan of the Focal sound - recommended them to a friend who fitted them to his 996 and he loves them albeit he’s looking for more base - DJs, never happy.

Think the dash mounts are from one of the members on this forum @SuperPaulie?

• Like 1