How much does a Centre Gravity refresh cost?

andy987

6 hours ago, andy987 said:

Are the Konis preferable to B4’s?

On my 986 they are fine, much better than the tired standard Bilsteins (B4) bit I have not been able to do a new Koni Vs new Bilstein test. Other owners seem to like the Koni option too and save about £100-120 on a set of 4. But do check that it is the Special Active Koni strut, others could be sport or adjustable 'upgrades' that may be far from OE equivalent.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW I've had Koni adjustables on a 944 and replaced them with Bilstein B6's. 1980's car so no PASM option. 

The Bilstein B6's were better in every way than the Koni's. I can't describe the difference other than to say that they were more plush. They managed to somehow be firmer than the Koni's but more compliant; they held the car in place better without transmitting the lumps and bumps of the road through to the passengers. It made the car tighter and more controlled to drive while also more comfortable to ride in. It sounds like witchcraft (and it really could be witchcraft for all I know!) but the Bilsteins were better by a country mile than the Koni's. 

When I change the shocks on my 987 Cayman then I'll save long and hard for the Bilstein dampers. My car does have PASM so they will be expensive, but I suspect they they will be eye-poppingly good. 

1 hour ago, edc said:

The Koni red and yellows are a slightly different proposition to the FSD damper. 

Absolutely. Koni FSD or now called Special Active is intended as an OE spec equivalent not as a performance 'upgrade'.

Thanks chaps, this is still on the cards, car is in next week for brake lines, I’ll post pics. Then next job will be suspension. Re the slight knocking sound, could that be anti roll bar bushes?

…I used to have an air cooled 911 which was a non sport model with green bilsteins, a colleague had the same car but a sport version and it had red Konis 

Edited by andy987