Flirting with the idea…..has anyone done…..

the baron

So I’ve seen a lovely Gen 1 996 with ambers, good history and im looking to do some special things with it,

The question to the collective is has anyone sold their Boxster and bought and 996 and regretted it, and if so what did you regret?

Edited by the baron

I love my 996 but do wish that it was a convertible sometimes. When I had the tyres replaced and had the Geo sorted, it really handles well and the 3.4 has more torque than my old 2.7 but both are fast enough for the road. The Boxster is a lot better for travelling as you have two boots and I am not a fan of leaving bags and cases on the back seats. 
current favourite picture

ZD4gR6d.jpg

• Like 2

I had a 996 cab a couple of years after my first boxster. I love convertibles but wish I had bought a coupe. They just look so much better and don't leak and creak. 

The 996 is such a good all rounder, I used it as my daily and it was as easy to drive as a golf. It was always an occasion to stay or up and mage a fantastic noise due to the bypass mod. The only reason I'm back in a 986 is budget.