Cruise control

1989targa

Yes & yes.

I think some Indy’s have a menu price for retro fit.

My 987 had cruise retrofitted by the OPC when it was a couple of years old.

Edited by Boxstercol

I have retro fitted cruise to my 2000 3.2S using all the factory gear except for making my own wiring loom sections.  As long as is has the 'e-gas' electronic throttle which very early cars do not, up to 2000 it is a bit more involved but do-able as the loom needs to be extended to the DME in the boot but from 2001 onwards the connections are to the instrument pod only.  After the physical wiring in, which involves adding pin inserts to the main loom plugs, it also need to be switched on in the coding.  The most costly bit is getting the 4 stalk steering column switch set, I got mine from a breaker for about £235 IIRC.

Check out this post from the How To section and it is also covered well in the '101 Projects for your Boxster' book.

yep, mine has got factory fitted cruise control i believe. one of the reasons i went for the car, though... in reality, my chances to use it are limited as i'll normally avoid any motorways! though it will be very useful if i do a european road trip in my boxster.

Talk nicely to your OPC re the stalks, but do remember you need some other bits too, matching stalk ends, and the 4 hole rubber pieces.

I got looms from this guy;

https://www.mdbdiagnostics.co.uk/cruise-control
I did the trip computer at the same time; extra stalk was no extra cost, so just the additional loom, which was the easier of the two.