Recall- outer suspension/hub mount

Dermot

Just have just had a call from OPC Swindon.  My 981 booking for the recall work was booked for 2/3 Dec, it has now been cancelled as they have not had delivery of the necessary parts from Porsche.  At present they have no ETA but are hoping for 3-4 weeks. I have been provisionally rescheduled for the 22/23 Dec.

Had my car booked in for 111 check to get it on extended warranty. Agreed to deal with the recall at the same time. Booked in around mid-October for last Monday, all done within a couple of days, including a couple of small issues identified through the check. The service adviser mentioned they’ve dealt with a few now and the recall job alone can be done in about a day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was supposed to have the recall work done this Wednesday but when I called them on Saturday to check all was going ahead and if they could also look at a cooling system fault that popped up a message on Friday afternoon, they told me they wouldn't be doing the recall work as the parts haven't turned up and they didn't know when they would come in 😞

• 1 month later...

I was cancelled in Dec and just been informed parts are in now so booked in during Feb for the day. Hopefully get a good courtesy car, Cayenne is nice but keep getting those a 4.0l GTS would be nice.

Edited by daz05

19 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I was cancelled in Dec and just been informed parts are in now so booked in during Feb for the day. Hopefully get a good courtesy car, Cayenne is nice but keep getting those a 4.0l GTS would be nice.

Mine was supposed to get done at the beginning of Dec but got cancelled as parts not available. As my car decided to develop a coolant system fault, they used the time my car had been booked in for to diagnose and fix that, instead. Had a Cayman S for a couple days 🙂 Think you're pushing your luck expecting a 4.0 GTS but we live in hope 😄

Edited by smartin
typo!

38 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

Yep, I'm still waiting as my Jan 4th appointment was cancelled as they didn't have the parts & nothing since.

Didn't realise GTS's were part of this, too. Maybe, only the earliest ones.

20 minutes ago, daz05 said:

At least I'm not alone, then! They are probably tackling them based on the order they were first contacted. I left it a few days after receiving the initial recall letter.

Informed by my OPC last week that parts are now available. Car now re-booked in for 14th February. They have over 40 cars to do.

Edited by Ringer250

4 hours ago, smartin said:

Mine was supposed to get done at the beginning of Dec but got cancelled as parts not available. As my car decided to develop a coolant system fault, they used the time my car had been booked in for to diagnose and fix that, instead. Had a Cayman S for a couple days 🙂 Think you're pushing your luck expecting a 4.0 GTS but we live in hope 😄

Vacuum issue no doubt.

24 minutes ago, tcornet said:

Was this a particular model or year? 

mine isn’t showing as needing a recall 

Remind me of how you can check if your car is affected? I certainly haven’t heard anything directly

OPC Swindon completed this yesterday.  They loaned my a Panamera 4 for 2 days FOC. A bit of a tank but very comfortable.

The work is described as service campaign AMB7, replace axle carrier side section. This link highlights the items replaced, in the article they say these items are $700 a side. The work was completed in a day.

https://rennlist.com/forums/981-forum/1268363-recall-for-axle-carrier-2.html

35 minutes ago, 718as said:

hi does the OPC contact you pro-actively or do you need to call them.

Just checked my VIN and no recalls came up.

Thanks

The original UK recall for affected cars was by way of a letter from Porsche GB asking you to contact your local OPC to book the car in. It is not clear if Porsche GB used records from DVLA to ensure all cars were covered regardless of 1st or subsequent owners. Suggest contacting your local OPC to check if your VIN number is in the range.

• 1 month later...

Mine is in for the recall at present along with the 111 point check.

OPC said they are replacing both sides, I thought it was just one side?

2 days now with a base Macan, I would have thought that was sufficient time to do the work🤔