Recall- outer suspension/hub mount

Dermot

2 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

Mine is in for the recall at present along with the 111 point check.

OPC said they are replacing both sides, I thought it was just one side?

2 days now with a base Macan, I would have thought that was sufficient time to do the work🤔

No both sides are changed. Quite nice seeing everything so shiny again underneath.

Big job to be fair mine was done in around 5 hrs but had the head tech on it who I'm friendly with. 

I had a base Macan too, I thought it was terrible.  The Cayenne is far better.

13 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

Mine is in for the recall at present along with the 111 point check.

OPC said they are replacing both sides, I thought it was just one side?

2 days now with a base Macan, I would have thought that was sufficient time to do the work🤔

Also worth asking for a print out of the geo alignment for your records.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

I've still not had mine re-scheduled by OPC Silverstone.

Anyone on here had their car done @ Silverstone?

Had mine done at Silverstone. Initially booked in for November 2021. Called a few days before, parts not available. E- mailed OPC mid January and managed to get a booking for 14th February. It was only me calling that confirmed a re-scheduled date. They said they had to get a plan together to deal with over 45 cars affected by the recall. May be with worth contacting them to give a nudge.

Edited by Ringer250

On 3/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, Ringer250 said:

Had mine done at Silverstone. Initially booked in for November 2021. Called a few days before, parts not available. E- mailed OPC mid January and managed to get a booking for 14th February. It was only me calling that confirmed a re-scheduled date. They said they had to get a plan together to deal with over 45 cars affected by the recall. May be with worth contacting them to give a nudge.

Thanks & I've already chased them

What email address did you use please?

Cheers.  Mark

9 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Thanks & I've already chased them

What email address did you use please?

Cheers.  Mark

Mark,

Have sent you a pm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Booked in with Porsche Glasgow for the 6th of November, they are picking it up, a big job as the service manager explained.

Going for a wee break in Chester & Liverpool in a couple of weeks, not entirely sure whether to take it or not, or just take my company car.

Does say its fine to drive in the meantime (providing no "highly dynamic driving")

Kevin

Just had my letter about this recall - had the car about 6 months - so also assume the previous owner didn’t get the notice or ignored it

now gotta book it in with OPC Cardiff as they are the nearest to me still 100 miles away though

it will be interesting when they can do it

• 2 months later...

Belated update.

Work was done, ended up in for 5 days, they picked it up and dropped it off. 

A load of urgent items required, only authorised replacing the rear lower arms, other things I got sorted out.

Surprised at how much was replaced, dread to think what it would have cost if I was paying out for it.

Cheers

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I found this but it just shows the side carriers and a load of bolts. I presume they put the same arms back on etc

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCRIT-21V679-6772.pdf

Part No. Designation
– Use
Qty.
V04015800AM - Rear-axle carrier side section – left   1 ea.
V04015800AN - Rear-axle carrier side section – right  1 ea.
99907284301 - Combination screw, M10 x 80 – Rear-axle carrier side section to body  2 ea.
99907282901 - Hexagon-head bolt, M10 x 45 – Rear axle carrier side part to cross member  2 ea.
PAF008868 - Hexagon nut, M10 – Rear axle carrier side part to cross member  2 ea.
99733121703 - Eccentric screw – Wishbone to rear axle carrier  2 ea.
99908444501 - Lock nut, M12 x 1.5 – Wishbone to rear-axle carrier side section  2 ea.
99908444909 - Lock nut, M12 x 1.5  – Wishbone to wheel carrier  2 ea.
99907289001 -  Lock nut, M12 x 1.5  – Diagonal arm to wishbone  2 ea.
PAF103353 -  Lock nut, M12 x 1.5  – Diagonal arm to wishbone  2 ea.
99908412309 -  Collar nut, M10  – Connecting link to anti-roll bar  2 ea.

Additional for vehicles with PCCB (Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake) (I-no. 450):
9A700758500 - Cheese head bolt, M12 x 1.5 x 85 – Brake calliper to wheel bearing housing  4 ea.

or
Additional for vehicles without PCCB (Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake)
99907340201 -  Cheese head bolt, M12 x 1.5 x 72  – Brake calliper to wheel bearing housing  4 ea.

Edited by Jakeb