Front crossover pipes - where to buy ?

Patrick1964

33 minutes ago, Patrick1964 said:

Hello all, the dreaded leaky front crossover pipe job has risen it's ugly head on my S. Where is the best place to buy these please - my local OPC doesn't do TIPEC discount.

You may well still find the OPC cheaper. I checked the other day and Design911 sell kit for £400 whereas in the video I posted a couple of days ago the guy listed what he bought, totalling approx £300 from an OPC in late 2021. Best option is to check exactly which bits you need, get pricing from OPC and ask nicely whether any discount - some people have had favourable response even without being PCGB members.

• Like 1

If it's an OEM part, then almost certainly OPC is cheapest.

The exception to that is if OPC sell you more than necessary; I think of the notorious roof arm caps, where they'll only sell you the whole arm and cap for 60 quid each, and not only the plastic cap that screws onto it for 15 as is obtainable on fleabay.

I haven't heard of people discussing aftermarket parts for these, it would be nice to know if there are any.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I haven't heard of people discussing aftermarket parts for these, it would be nice to know if there are any.

None listed on Autodoc.  If they are not there then they probably don't exist.

@Patrick1964

Can you give a list of the parts that have been priced to better inform any replies re cost, or try a different OPC and see what their reply is. Design 911 have the kit at £399 + VAT and delivery i.e. about £490 for everything.  You may not need it all like parts items 3 and 28 of example in the diagram on this link, saving about £90-100 incl VAT on Porsche prices.

Radiator pipes replacement kit. Porsche 997 Gen 2 - WATERPIPEKIT03 | Design 911

Edited by ½cwt

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

haven't heard of people discussing aftermarket parts for these, it would be nice to know if there are any.

I've searched pretty extensively in the recent past and not found anything.

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

different OPC and see what their reply is. Design 911 have the kit at £399 + VAT

I had forgotton the VAT!