Aftermarket LSD for 987 5 Speed

Lennym1984

Does anybody know what the options are for an LSD for the 987 5 speed? At some point it'll need a new clutch (it's now on 111k on - I think - the original clutch) and I'm thinking that I may just go all out and get a lightweight flywheel and an LSD whilst the gearbox is off (I do quite a lot of track miles so this is mostly about on track performance).

I believe that it's an Audi 01X gearbox at it's heart but the options for an LSD seem fairly limited so if anybody knows better, please share your experiences.

@EscyI kind of feel like you may know the answer to this...

Not sure of the exact applications for 5/6 speed but outside of Quaife there are options from Wavetrac, Gripper and OS Giken. 

16 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Does anybody know what the options are for an LSD for the 987 5 speed? At some point it'll need a new clutch (it's now on 111k on - I think - the original clutch) and I'm thinking that I may just go all out and get a lightweight flywheel and an LSD whilst the gearbox is off (I do quite a lot of track miles so this is mostly about on track performance).

I believe that it's an Audi 01X gearbox at it's heart but the options for an LSD seem fairly limited so if anybody knows better, please share your experiences.

@EscyI kind of feel like you may know the answer to this...

Didn't he have a 5 speed with a quaife for sale on here a while back?

I had a 5 speed with a Kaaz LSD in it. Now I have a 6 speed with a Quaife. Kaaz was a proper LSD with clutch plates, a little noisy on tight turns (more so when cold) but felt great. Quaife is an ATB, no clunks, but not as aggressive. Booting it out of corners the car felt electric with the Kaaz, was so impressed with how it put the power down (400bhp then). 

For a track car, a plated diff all day long. Kaaz was the cheapest option when I was looking last time. EMD Motorsport supply them at a good price. At the time they were about £850 but that's going back years.