Spotlights on a Boxster?

McDonald

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Yes but I wasn’t sure. I saw some on here within the last month or so. Not you? Sorry. 

Ah yes - have some fitted and also collected images to help me settle on the install for mine.

Will dig them out and post here.

👍

7 minutes ago, map said:

Ah yes - have some fitted and also collected images to help me settle on the install for mine.

Will dig them out and post here.

👍

Great. I'm curious to see how they look. Extra light is definitely an advantage dark lanes but not if they look unseemly. The 911 in snow, where I saw spotlights fitted, gave it an adventurous look.

17 hours ago, McDonald said:

Has anyone seen a Boxster with front spotlights? How did it look?

I saw video of a 911 in snow, fitted with spotlights. I thought it looked great.

It made me wonder...

Yes, f*cking awful. Mind you, they were just some cheap led things off EBay for @Mr96er’s “night manoeuvres”😀

4 hours ago, McDonald said:

Great. I'm curious to see how they look. Extra light is definitely an advantage dark lanes but not if they look unseemly. The 911 in snow, where I saw spotlights fitted, gave it an adventurous look.

Here you go - plenty of shots of my lightly tweaked 986S and the aux driving lamps:

G8M02fM.jpg 8M3e6Rr.jpg

BkjB44X.jpg

oUvtOxv.jpg

q9UGVaT.jpg c7ZbJgZ.jpg

These are most of the "inspiration" photos I gathered - not mine, simply gleaned from the internet and saved to help me settle on what may or may not work:

puv5YgM.jpg 

TXMFTdx.jpg

rgEiGNK.jpg

Quo75ma.jpg

m8GPwvg.jpg

8nyXa5U.jpg

D7jI1Nk.jpg

And then there was the C4 996 that so many have seen on Social Media:

8rfKTiV.jpg LRDllN7.jpg 6dMVNqU.jpg

ltsjzKw.jpg

Plus of course the 996 GT3 Endurance race cars had yellow lamps inserted where the front number plate normally lives and that looked epic.

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I thought map’s 986 looked rather cool actually. That’s why I remembered it. Not sure it would work on a newer car but I felt there was a 90s rally vibe :) it was coherent with the style of the car. 

Thank you 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Post 185/186

https://www.planet-9.com/threads/mynameideasweretaken-987-1-s-progression-thread.233605/page-10

Actually looks pretty cool. Wouldn't do it but.....

They look great from the front, not so in profile. It makes the car distinctive, definitely.