Rubbing noise

Chris D

My 987 has 19" lobsters. Factory fit with PASM etc. Correct tyre sizes.

Never had it before but when I turn sharp right, i.e. snaking there's a rubbing noise from the NS of the car. Sounds like tyre on plastic or similar. Only does it when going to the right. i.e compression to the LHS of the car.

Whipped the NSR wheels off and couldnt see any marks on either the tyres or the plastic trim in the arches. Got me puzzled.

I have had the the front bumper off recently, to fit a new horn. I'm pretty confident that I put it all back together correctly, inc the arch trims.

Any ideas.

Edited by Chris D

26 minutes ago, Chris D said:

My 987 has 19" lobsters. Factory fit with PASM etc. Correct tyre sizes.

Never had it before but when I turn sharp right, i.e. snaking there's a rubbing noise from the NS of the car. Sounds like tyre on plastic or similar. Only does it when going to the right. i.e compression to the LHS of the car.

Whipped the NSR wheels off and couldnt see any marks on either the tyres or the plastic trim in the arches. Got me puzzled.

I have had the the front bumper off recently, to fit a new horn. I'm pretty confident that I put it all back together correctly, inc the arch trims.

Any ideas.

Can you reproduce the noise when stationary ? 

If so maybe get a second set of ears on it to tell you where they hear it from or post a video link to it here ? 

Not tried yet to be honest. Was warming it up for an MOT Thu morning and noticed it. Heard it when turning right. Tried snaking left to right to replicate it and only does it when snaking right. Nothing picked up on MOT.

Only thing that has changed recently is the front bumper off but couldnt see anything out of place. Sounds like plastic scraping or rubbing.

• 2 months later...

Still have this annoying noise. Defintely NS only and only when conducting tight right hand turns / snaking. Nothing when doing the same going left.

No signs of rubbing on either the tyres or the plastic trim inside the arches. No signs of contact on the shocks, pipework etc.

Fitted some 7 & 15mm spacers from my other boxster to see if moving them out made a difference. No change at all.

It's booked into an Indy for next week for some other work. Hoping they can diagnose it.