Doh broke my control unit for climate control

Chukkieegg

So when I got my 987 it had the usual worm out climate control switches I ordered a, set off Spyder performance and fitted them last night 

I followed a vid and took my time plugged back in and now get no lcd display back-light comes on but no symbols

Some of the buttons work and some don't do I assume its just the lcd that's broke or the circuit board as well? 

Or am I missing something else that may be another fix? 

Ask Spyder performance? Aren’t they the accessories dept of Eporsch who have a great rep of being helpful. You might get “sounds like you disconnected the blue wire sir” or something simple. Worth a try. 

I would pull it out again and check your homework.  Sounds like you have dislodged something.  Unless you were very heavy handed I doubt you have broken anything if you didn’t force any connections etc.  

4 minutes ago, And.rs1800 said:

This has just put me right off doing mine lol-if something can go wrong,it will when I do it…..

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.  Remember, everything can go wrong.

• Like 1

So took it apart and refitted all switches now working but still no lcd checked and double checked can't get it to work

Spyder did ring me back and we're very helpful  and they agree would take a lot to damage lcd but I still think I have somehow

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Is that the one that's black with white stripes, or the one that's white with black stripes?

You just had to didn't you....

So I will give myself a mupperty award 

Disassembled again today worked out diffuser was in wrong place so the zebra strip wasn't making contact fitted on correct place progress lcd but buttons didn't work

Removed again and left diffuser out some of the buttons appeared to work but temp and fan buttons didn't work but heated front screen would put blowers on full ns heated seat button didn't work or eco button. 

Removed again reseated board no change getting frustrated now 😂 

Removed yet again and this time removed the gasket and looked at new switches I had installed I noticed that on the temp button the top peg i had fitted upside down and was sitting proud and did not rock like the fan switch did so removed temp switch and refitted pegs right way round

Then put unit back together hey presto lcd now works and all buttons now work

But I my panic ordered a new lcd so that's a bit of money I didn't need to spend lol

Oh well I got a spare 😂 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chukkieegg said:

I noticed that on the temp button the top peg i had fitted upside down and was sitting proud and did not rock like the fan switch did so removed temp switch and refitted pegs right way round

Well done to you for admitting it!

ya muppet! :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chukkieegg said:

So I will give myself a mupperty award 

Disassembled again today worked out diffuser was in wrong place so the zebra strip wasn't making contact fitted on correct place progress lcd but buttons didn't work

Removed again and left diffuser out some of the buttons appeared to work but temp and fan buttons didn't work but heated front screen would put blowers on full ns heated seat button didn't work or eco button. 

Removed again reseated board no change getting frustrated now 😂 

Removed yet again and this time removed the gasket and looked at new switches I had installed I noticed that on the temp button the top peg i had fitted upside down and was sitting proud and did not rock like the fan switch did so removed temp switch and refitted pegs right way round

Then put unit back together hey presto lcd now works and all buttons now work

But I my panic ordered a new lcd so that's a bit of money I didn't need to spend lol

Oh well I got a spare 😂 

Return it if you don't want it and haven't used it.