Vibrations on over-run

Chris D

987.1 3.2 S

So, this has just started happening. 2nd / 3rd gear, on over-run I'm experiencing what feels like engine vibration. I think I can feel it in the pedals but it's defintely stronger through the firewall between the seats if you put your hand on it. Goes away as soon as I dip the clutch. No issues with gear changes.

Clutch and flywheel recently replaced. IMS too. All within past 6 months / 200 miles. Along with a major service and new rear discs / pads / handbrake shoes.

Lately, I have:

- Re-tightened the driveshaft bolts as I noticed one side was loose after a bolt came out the other sde. Cleaned, new bolts, torqued (60 ft lb) and marked up. They're all good.

- Removed the stainless race headers and fitted OEM headers with Cats.

Didn't have any vibrations before these the above.

Car is standard, no modifications.

Don't know if related but I'm noticing small puddles of oil on the garage floor (plastic) now and again, passenger side but I think it's coming off the plastic undertray. Clean oil, looks like engine oil. Oil gauge is reading full, every time. I know my power steering hoses could do with replacing but no issues with PAS.

Before I take it back to the Indy for a look, any thoughts. Engine / transmission mount(s) maybe??

Edited by Chris D

10 hours ago, Chris D said:

Goes away as soon as I dip the clutch.

It may be just the front engine mount but I would take it back to the whoever fitted the clutch and flywheel and get them to investigate. 

Youtuber Auto Amateur bought a 911 with a cracked gearbox and repaired it with a new box and engine mounts. On the first test drive it destroyed the gearbox and engine casing. It was a problem with the clutch

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update.

Found the oil leak. Confirmed unrelated to the vibration. It's seeping from the tandem oil pump. There's a bolt missing and its seeping in the vicinity of the missing bolt. 

Car is being collected by the Indy on Tues next week. Noticed the other day, it isn't only during over run. Can feel vibration through the firewall when you rev it with the clutch depressed. Either way, it's gonna get seen to next week. Along with the oil leak.