Anyone had their 981 10 year service recently?

smartin

10 hours ago, alank said:

Just get it done at an independant garage, why pay OPC prices, it wont be a better service. I saved £500 on my 6 yr one, done at Brookspeed. 

On 10/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, moospeed said:

Was one of those the Sidcup one?  I had it in mind to go there for my 10 year, just renewed the warranty until Nov ‘23 and service will be in Feb/Mar I think so my hands are tied to them I guess.

Likewise, 8yr service due on Friday but about 1yr of warranty left on my '14 CGTS.

Taking one for the team and going with the OPC quote. 

As a mild consolation I get a Taycan as a courtesy car.  Wonder if I have to return it with the same amount of charge in the tank 😁

18 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Likewise, 8yr service due on Friday but about 1yr of warranty left on my '14 CGTS.

Taking one for the team and going with the OPC quote. 

As a mild consolation I get a Taycan as a courtesy car.  Wonder if I have to return it with the same amount of charge in the tank 😁

What price are you paying for the 8 year?

Didn't ask what courtesy car I'm gettting whilst they do the recall work next month. I've been slowly rising up through their 718 loan car range - starting with a 718 Boxster, then a 718 Cayman S, so surely must be a 718 4.0 GTS next 🙂 Although, having told them that their latest service pricing sucks and I won't be servicing the car with them any longer, I'll probably get relegated to a base Macan now

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, smartin said:

What price are you paying for the 8 year?

Didn't ask what courtesy car I'm gettting whilst they do the recall work next month. I've been slowly rising up through their 718 loan car range - starting with a 718 Boxster, then a 718 Cayman S, so surely must be a 718 4.0 GTS next 🙂 Although, having told them that their latest service pricing sucks and I won't be servicing the car with them any longer, I'll probably get relegated to a base Macan now

Coming in at £1350 in brake fluid and spark plugs. Might be cheaper as I need to query the 'drain cleaning'....on a Cayman 😁

I rang around a few OPCs and only one other came with a similar quote. Others ranged from £1500-1700

12 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Coming in at £1350 in brake fluid and spark plugs. Might be cheaper as I need to query the 'drain cleaning'....on a Cayman 😁

I rang around a few OPCs and only one other came with a similar quote. Others ranged from £1500-1700

That is ridiculous. When I had my 8yr service done two years ago the price was £795 inc the brake fluid and spark plugs. When I asked about checking the drains was told that would be an extra £180ish, so told them not to bother and when the service report came back it said the drains were checked, found to be blocked, were cleared and there was nothing added to the cost!

That same OPC now wants £949 for the far simpler 10yr service, so am leaving the OPC network for servicing and maintenance now.

I dont get why spark plugs are so expensive to swap.

I did them last year on my 981. Took me less than an hour, including working out what collection of socket extension bars I needed. Plugs were £35 for 6.

Admittedly they arer a bit of a faff to do, but once you have done 2 or 3, they must become a little more routine. Ridiculous charging. Next thing they will be cracking on they have to get the PWIS out to code them in. :)

On 10/14/2022 at 10:13 AM, andygo said:

I dont get why spark plugs are so expensive to swap.

I did them last year on my 981. Took me less than an hour, including working out what collection of socket extension bars I needed. Plugs were £35 for 6.

Admittedly they arer a bit of a faff to do, but once you have done 2 or 3, they must become a little more routine. Ridiculous charging. Next thing they will be cracking on they have to get the PWIS out to code them in. :)

Code in spark plugs? This world is so dumb these days…

You’ll have to code in every time you wash it soon. In Germany they’re halfway there already 🤨

On 10/13/2022 at 9:14 PM, Simo_UK said:

Use Brookspeed if you on South coast. Mine was £750 ish Inc plugs, and brake fluid in march. Don't get this using of OPC's when they are nearly twice the price. Don't affect Warranty if Porsche parts are used, and they did. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alank said:

Don't affect Warranty if Porsche parts are used

As above, don't forget the Approved Used, extended warranty is actually an insurance product and very different to a new car warranty. So they can stipulate you need OPC servicing to renew or if a claim is made and you didn't have the OPC do the servicing they have an easy get out.