Continental dab Bluetooth radio

the baron

As is a common thread from time to time, I’m keen on purchasing the Continental car radio with Bluetooth and Dab but there doesn’t seem to be a UK supplier, anyone purchase one recently and if so what connectors did you get, I have the single DIN in my car already so hoping it will be a an easy swap

This is he unit I’m after:

https://www.continental-automotive.com/en-gl/Trucks-Buses/Interior-Cabin/Infotainment/Radios/FM-AM-Radio-with-CD-USB-Bluetooth

20 minutes ago, the baron said:

Standard

Do you have bass speakers in the doors / amp?

Leaving this here for reference, so we can figure out what you need.

977510d1443575486-installing-the-contine

@the baron - these guys are worth a look (and they seem to understand export VAT)

From memory they have a decent reputation in aircooled circles - good advice pre purchase - and one or two on this forum seem to have had positive experiences  

https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/caraudio

Continental headunits and adaptors.

Get in touch with them and let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1

The unit appears to come with current industry standard connectors for a replacement head unit.  I fitted a Kenwood to my 986 (no door speakers) with just an aerial adapter (M to F or F to M I can't recall) and adding a DAB aerial, film type on windscreen. I later fitted speakers in the rear storage which I was able to add pins to the Porsche loom plug to make the rear speaker connections.  Unless you have Bose, I think people are over complicating this, these Continental/VDO units are not some weird science, and nor is the standard Posche audio wiring.  If you are not confident to fit yourself, any car audio fitters would be able to deal with it in moments.  The most fiddly bit is fitting the cage for the new units in place of teh Becker unit and making sure the brown wire on the Posche cage is isolated, so you don't get an annoying beep when you lock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, map said:

@the baron - these guys are worth a look (and they seem to understand export VAT)

From memory they have a decent reputation in aircooled circles - good advice pre purchase - and one or two on this forum seem to have had positive experiences  

https://www.bergvillfx.com/categories/caraudio

Continental headunits and adaptors.

Get in touch with them and let us know how you get on. 

Excellent link,  seems to cover all the adaptors etc

I have fitted one of these and it isn't difficult. I don't know anything about the BOSE set up but otherwise it comes down to whether you have an amplifier fitted or not. If you don't then it should be plug and play. If you have an amplifier then this head unit does not have a line out option (signal before amplification), so you need to buy a kit to turn the amplified signal to a non-amplified signal. I am sure that this can be bought as part of an adaptor. I think it is this one BERGVILL F/X (bergvillfx.com) as it mentions 'Line level convertor' but please check before buying.