A box of 718 parts

daz05

It suggests to me that your car has had parts replaced as you have a 718 pan on it and ARB brackets and bolts, even if it was a late build I don't see how else that could have happened. It's maybe had a rear end incident at some stage?

Can I see some overspray there too or is that a reflection, maybe it was rear ended previously or maybe the OPC replaced those parts when it had its recall.

Yes it will power steer now but that's a good thing and why I like it it's helping you to rotate the car, when you put the power down there is less slack it's now reacting more quickly to your inputs.

Ride wise it is a bit firmer feeling but I find the suspension is able to work more efficiently to support the chassis.

Edited by daz05

The underneath of the car all looks pretty original, in particular the back of the exhaust which must have had to suffered if any damage had got as far as the pan.

the red you see is a reflection as it shows on the new barce which, of course, is factory black. I cant see any hint of the reddish tint you can see on the gerarbox casing, all just looks age related grubbiness when I looked earlier.

The pan and brackets also look original, maybe as its an April 2016 car it was expedient to use those parts destined for the 718 rather than order a new batch of soon to be obselete bits. Who knows? Wish they had fitted the brace whilst they were at it TBH.  :)

4 hours ago, andygo said:

The underneath of the car all looks pretty original, in particular the back of the exhaust which must have had to suffered if any damage had got as far as the pan.

the red you see is a reflection as it shows on the new barce which, of course, is factory black. I cant see any hint of the reddish tint you can see on the gerarbox casing, all just looks age related grubbiness when I looked earlier.

The pan and brackets also look original, maybe as its an April 2016 car it was expedient to use those parts destined for the 718 rather than order a new batch of soon to be obselete bits. Who knows? Wish they had fitted the brace whilst they were at it TBH.  :)

Glad to hear that 👍. Pretty cool because we can all claim it's standard now and use your car as the example !

• Haha 1