A box of 718 parts

daz05

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

It doesn't look like that though, that just looks like the gt4 version of 16 for manual cars.

Agreed diagram representation looks different, diagram refers to two part (31)s depending on the GT4.2 car year (2019 onwards)

981 331 275 00 cars <= 31.01.2021

982 505 475b cars >= 01.02.2021 

So I think the diagram is showing the top part number for the older cars.

Edited by iborguk

Looks like older cars had two vertical plates sandwiching the roll bar mount stand-off which then changed to one and the the lower horizontal plate which is not show in the diagram but @daz05 has fitted. 

Out of curiosity what was the source for the diagram @iborguk?

Brilliant video @daz05 - it's surprising how adding that piece between the rollbar mounts can make a difference when you consider the solidity of what they are bolting into.  Like Tesco's, every little helps 👍

I'll wait until I'm out of warranty before taking a drill to my car 🤣

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Brilliant video @daz05 - it's surprising how adding that piece between the rollbar mounts can make a difference when you consider the solidity of what they are bolting into.  Like Tesco's, every little helps 👍

I'll wait until I'm out of warranty before taking a drill to my car 🤣

Lol, don't worry the 718 has holes there so technically compliant to OEM standards. 

18 hours ago, iborguk said:

Diagram refers to two part (31)s depending on the GT4.2 car year (2019 onwards)

981 331 275 00 cars <= 31.01.2021

982 505 475b cars >= 01.02.2021 , "Brace", £110 before OPC discount.

So I think the diagram is showing the top part number for the older cars.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 22.41.23

P55501010_png.jpg

When I looked at doing this I surmised I needed parts 13 & 20 which is the 981 part number brace. Daz has fitted parts 16,17 & 20 which is the beefier set up on the 718. In the USA the people that have done this mod have also replaced the undertray (part 11) but drilling the original is also an option.

Daz does have me thinking though that the 981 part may only fit manual cars. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

P55501010_png.jpg

When I looked at doing this I surmised I needed parts 13 & 20 which is the 981 part number brace. Daz has fitted parts 16,17 & 20 which is the beefier set up on the 718. In the USA the people that have done this mod have also replaced the undertray (part 11) but drilling the original is also an option.

Daz does have me thinking though that the 981 part may only fit manual cars. 

Daz's car is a PDK from his vids.

Is part 18 the crossbrace that the undertray fits to, with part no 982 505 475b?

29 minutes ago, andygo said:

Daz's car is a PDK from his vids.

Is part 18 the crossbrace that the undertray fits to, with part no 982 505 475b?

18 is a bolt I assume you mean 17. however, this is still not the shape of the part @daz05 has added with part number 982 505 475B.

The 981 gt4 was the first car to get the brace that ties the arb together, that part was for a manual car only, when the 718 came they developed a part to fit the pdk cars which is what I added. The other bracing ending 475b is not on any pictures, it's either so new they haven't added it properly yet or it's labelled with the newer brace as a component which comes as part of the arb bracing I'm not sure I'll check with my parts guy when I go to the dealer next 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:49 PM, andygo said:

Yes, does look different.

It's the part number for item 17 on the diagram that I'm unclear on. from another website I think it might be 931 331 275 80. I have ordered the X73 roll bar and bushes, but the part number for the first brace Daz fitted together with longer bolts and deeper clamps that would be helpful so I can order tomorrow for collection on weds when the car is in for some warranty work.

(Nothing major, a new TPMS sensor which broke in two a week ago).

Edited by andygo

26 minutes ago, andygo said:

It's the part number for item 17 on the diagram that I'm unclear on. from another website I think it might be 931 331 275 80. I have ordered the X73 roll bar and bushes, but the part number for the first brace Daz fitted together with longer bolts and deeper clamps that would be helpful so I can order tomorrow for collection on weds when the car is in for some warranty work.

(Nothing major, a new TPMS sensor which broke in two a week ago).

17 is on your car already. You are after 982 505 475 and version B of the same part.

I've listed all the part numbers in the video description on YouTube covering longer bolts and brackets but the parts guy at the opc will see what you need on the diagram. You shouldn't need ARB bushings either you can reuse them, if you ordered the correct bar ending '14'.

28 minutes ago, daz05 said:

17 is on your car already. You are after 982 505 475 and version B of the same part.

I've listed all the part numbers in the video description on YouTube covering longer bolts and brackets but the parts guy at the opc will see what you need on the diagram. You shouldn't need ARB bushings either you can reuse them, if you ordered the correct bar ending '14'.

Am I confusing something here? I have ordered the roll bar ending in p/n14 and bushes to suit ending in P/N 27 so thats all good.

I'm after this part that you are pointing to - or am I getting confused more than usual?  It's the upper part that ends in P/N 475B isn't it?

CK6Ydjj.png

46 minutes ago, andygo said:

Am I confusing something here? I have ordered the roll bar ending in p/n14 and bushes to suit ending in P/N 27 so thats all good.

I'm after this part that you are pointing to - or am I getting confused more than usual?  It's the upper part that ends in P/N 475B isn't it?

CK6Ydjj.png

Doh, so think I have it now.  So 982 505 475 is the lower part on the video screenshot, listed as a transverse strut in a 718 982 parts catalogue, whilst the other bracket is the same number, but with a B suffix?

It's an uphill struggle being thick, not an easy life...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

@andygo   982 505 475 is the part that fits across the anti roll bar brackets but you need to change the brackets first to 996 333 777 00 as they are flat topped, all secured with longer bolts 90037815901.

Yes, the deeper ARB brackets and bolts are clear, was just the confusion around the ARB brace itself that had me confused. Doesn't take much though.

14 minutes ago, andygo said:

Yes, the deeper ARB brackets and bolts are clear, was just the confusion around the ARB brace itself that had me confused. Doesn't take much though.

Screenshot of pats bags as mentioned above.

tz5zI8I.png

Well, finally got bolts, clamps and brace from the OPC. took a few tries, even though they had been given the P/N's to order..

Got the roll bar, suffix 14, same as Daz's, I didn't fancy the stiffer one as was wary of upsetting the front to rear balance.

Swapped the clamps which looked the same as my old ones, the bolts I ordered came with a different P/N but were in fact too short, my original bolts were plenty long enough, with 10mm protruding from the attachment points, plenty in hand.

No need to drill the aluminium undertray as per Daz's video, my undertray had 2 alloy captive nuts already in place, so I just used 2 bolts from "stock" plus a new nylock as well as the captive nut.

What was weird is that when I looked at the clamps from my car v the new ones they had the same part numbers, so odd that my car had fitted already the correct clamps and long bolts. The clamps are in the pics below.

Went for a drive with the new bits fitted, car is defo a lot more lively at the back, possibly a little too much as had a lot of power oversteer negotiating a  roundabout. To be fair, I was provoking it to see what would occur. The  ride is firmer at the back on bumpy roads as with one wheel rapidly moving up and down more than the other in such circumstances, the roll bar will come into play. Will be interestinging to see what its like in the wet. I used to play with roll bar stiffness a lot when running Formula Fords for my sons. Small adjustments could make big differences.

Heres some photos:

PVcw49r.jpg

0SamESO.jpg

8MvkSPi.jpg

3L2bkO7.jpg

9Z6AltD.jpg

5eRItog.jpg