A box of 718 parts

daz05

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

Nice work as always @daz05 and you have some nice roads there for your 981.5S 👍

Similar in effect to the Technobrace, or our very own 'Bally' brace solution for the 986 & 987 to stiffen the rear chassis subframes by stabilising them under the transmission.  Neat work @daz05.  Stiffening rear roll will promote oversteer or at least appear to reduce understeer adding 'life' of 'feedback' from the rear.

BTW @iborguk - or is it a 849.5 ?? 🤔

Edited by ½cwt
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Similar in effect to the Technobrace, or our very own 'Bally' brace solution for the 986 & 987 to stiffen the rear chassis subframes by stabilising them under the transmission.  Neat work @daz05.  Stiffening rear roll will promote oversteer or at least appear to reduce understeer adding 'life' of 'feedback' from the rear.

BTW @iborguk - or is it a 849.5 ?? 🤔

Cool thanks for sharing. I just love how you can bolt everything up so easily from the newer models.

Yes it is bit more playful on and off throttle you can guide it round the tighter stuff very quickly, the 981 definitely has less feel than the older cars so nice to get more engagement from the experience.

I had a new brace from underneath the battery in that box too but it didn't seem any better than the one that was fitted so I didn't bother, especially when I realised the extent of dismantling that would have been required to replace it.

That second (horizontal) plate fitted doesn't show up in any 981 or 718 variant parts cats currently available to download from Porsche, but lates GT4 cat isn't up there yet.  Anyone wanting one, it is 982 505 475B according to the stamping on it in @daz05's YT video.

24 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Thanks as always for sharing your pioneering expertise Daz :) 

Tell us when you bolt on the 718's turbo :) 

Lol, I think a 3.8 from a 991 is more my style but no plans to do anything that dramatic.

50 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

That second (horizontal) plate fitted doesn't show up in any 981 or 718 variant parts cats currently available to download from Porsche, but lates GT4 cat isn't up there yet.  Anyone wanting one, it is 982 505 475B according to the stamping on it in @daz05's YT video.

I think it's been added in later builds, I got it for £30 🤣

36 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

Superb work as ever Daz.

You folks must drive hard as I don't have any handling issues with my BGTS and am quite happy with the odd tail waggle..

Things improved drastically with the MPS4S over the P Zeros too.

Cheers, I do enjoy the odd blast  🤣

We all know these cars handle brilliantly it's not like there is a problem to fix, but these are steps Porsche has taken with the later cars and the benefit is that the car feels more direct, but also more alive, more playful and communicative at lower speeds which is worth a lot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Patt said:

They say if the skiing is good in Scotland, you can't get there to enjoy it.

I went once (twice?) to a slope at Bejar near Salamanca (La Covatilla) to get some turns, nothing else.

Most of the time it has no snow. When it does have snow, the tiny steep access road is immediately blocked and they close the resort.  

FFS.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

They say if the skiing is good in Scotland, you can't get there to enjoy it.

Yep, I wouldn't go again, but desperate times called for desperate measures and we couldn't get to France, so we took a chance. 

There was only one run open, and it wasn't great, but still better than nothing!  Also, two of my mates were beginners, and they had a blast so it wasn't a complete waste of time :thumbsup_still:

51 minutes ago, daz05 said:

@Menoporschewhere do you mean there are several options but yes bit of truth in that sadly. Best snow in recent times was of course when we were all in lockdown!

I'm talking about a comparable situation in Spain, I think it was Patt who first mentioned Scotland. Closest I got to skiing in Scotland was seeing the chairlift at Glencoe/Fort William but that was two months ago in the hottest summer in memory :) 

I don't even bother going to Portugal's single ski resort for the same reason or worse, when there is snow the access is terrible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I'm talking about a comparable situation in Spain, I think it was Patt who first mentioned Scotland. Closest I got to skiing in Scotland was seeing the chairlift at Glencoe/Fort William but that was two months ago in the hottest summer in memory :) 

I don't even bother going to Portugal's single ski resort for the same reason or worse, when there is snow the access is terrible.

Being served a snowball in a Lisbon roof bar sounds a better option.

Diagram refers to two part (31)s depending on the GT4.2 car year (2019 onwards)

981 331 275 00 cars <= 31.01.2021

982 505 475b cars >= 01.02.2021 , "Brace", £110 before OPC discount.

So I think the diagram is showing the top part number for the older cars.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 22.41.23

Edited by iborguk