"GTS" vs "S" depreciation prediction

dpg123

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

@Pattwell said.

I managed to update the pcm 4 maps from 2018 to 2022 today by downloading the nav file from the VW website and adding to an SD card, so much easier than before with the pcm3 🤣

Any extra info on this? 

I assume the PCM4 is standard on the 718?

3 hours ago, Cocky said:

My point was made based on cars that are or have been for sale recently. One of which was a mediocre spec 981 S with the sport design package which sold for 40k against higher spec cars without that package selling for £30-33k. A front bumper just simply sold the car. 

I also based the interior on other replies to this thread with those points being made. There's about 4 GTS's that have sat on auto trader with the leather interior which are all great cars while other GTS models with the GTS interior have just kept coming off weekly. 

I don't see why owning a GTS with standard interior is somehow better than owning an S with the design pack and same spec for 15bhp, some door sills & a rear badge for a £15k price difference however, if it's basically the design package that's selling them to the buyers which was my point. 

People don't want to take on projects they just want to buy and drive. 

I could stick a smiley face on my reply but it still won't make you happy 😬

Edited by andygo

IMHO people are attracted to the GTS as a model in its own right with a bit more exclusivity, hence the price hike. Alternatively, you could just as well recommend buying a 2.7 car with a great spec and Ooooh, look at the money you have saved. :)

I'm not sure where you draw the line - buy an MX5 and save a fortune whilst saying 'Don't understand why people spend fortunes on a Porsche when they should buy an MX5.

@andygoThere are people that will subscribe to either methodology but in fairness a 2.7 is materially different, the GTS is the same mechanically as an S only specification choices splits them. (Albeit with a few exclusive options).

Porsche has recognised and fixed this debate with the 718, the 4.0l GTS is worth every penny extra, unless of course you start debating on power delivery  🤣

Edited by daz05
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, daz05 said:

@andygoThere are people that will subscribe to either methodology but in fairness a 2.7 is materially different, the GTS is the same mechanically as an S only specification choices splits them. (Albeit with a few exclusive options).

Porsche has recognised and fixed this debate with the 718, the 4.0l GTS is worth every penny extra, unless of course you start debating on power delivery  🤣

And 718 styling/looks etc.

42 minutes ago, andygo said:

IMHO people are attracted to the GTS as a model in its own right with a bit more exclusivity, hence the price hike. Alternatively, you could just as well recommend buying a 2.7 car with a great spec and Ooooh, look at the money you have saved. :)

I'm not sure where you draw the line - buy an MX5 and save a fortune whilst saying 'Don't understand why people spend fortunes on a Porsche when they should buy an MX5.

Well my point still stands quite clearly that if you didn't favour the GTS interior you can buy a £30,000 car with the same Chassis, Engine, Gearbox, Options, Interior & add on the design package via the OPC for £3050.00. 

Literally you're driving around in the same car without the word GTS on it for £15k- £20,000 less. 

I don't see how that's comparable to owning the 2.7 or an MX5 🤔

I see the exclusively & absolutely love the GTS range. It's not a dig the market is just nuts the 718 4.0 range have just swooped in and pulled up the 981 Spyder & GTS prices back up to what we were seeing when these cars were new. 

The 987.2 market is as crazy. 

Edited by Cocky
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 9:58 AM, GTSMarky said:

lack of the GTS interior in the BGTS

GTS interior not available as an option on a non-GTS...

...but could be replaced FOC for a non-GTS interior on a GTS

In which case why would one not just get a non-GTS with the sport design package?

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

Or exhaust sound...