coolant life

alank

Hi, with winter coming got me thinking about coolant  change frequency. What is the opinion on here of coolant life. Apparently  Porsche say it is good for life of car. Mine is 2013, and never been done i assume.

I've no idea but I'd say @Nobbie is on the right lines. When I had  coolant replaced on my 986 then 987 it was because the system had sprung a leak at a hose.  As yours is a 2013 if you change your coolant now, s*d's law says its sure to throw a leak a week later, so hold on 😂

Edited by Topbox
Cfa

5 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Get a quote from Porsche for the new coolant required and be sure to be sitting down when you make the call. 

and pretty much any other thing.

A good brand OAT coolant mixed in the correct ratio will be satisfactory. Porsche don't make the coolant just like they don't make the brake fluid, engine oil or petrol....

5 hours ago, ½cwt said:

and pretty much any other thing.

A good brand OAT coolant mixed in the correct ratio will be satisfactory. Porsche don't make the coolant just like they don't make the brake fluid, engine oil or petrol....

I think the Porsche stuff is pre mixed and the 911 takes a lot of it! Can’t remember what I put in, whatever Matt at type911 recommended mixed with distilled water. Flushed 1st obviously. 
Changed it when the water pump developed the leaking feature as suggest above 👍