3 data sim not roaming in Europe

JurassicBGTS

For some reason the 3 data sim I have in the Macan is not connecting through now I am in Europe, I.e. not data roaming. I have the same one in my dual sim phone and that is roaming okay.

Is there anything you have to do in the Porsche to allow data roaming for the inserted sim?

The data sims are both the standard Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB data SIM that I buy from Amazon and last 2 years or the 24 GB.

As I said the phone's sim is working in my phone but for some reason the inserted one in the Macan isn't, it works fine in the UK.

My phone then uses its data, whereas normally when in the car it auto switches to the car's sim. When my wife tries to connect her phone to data through the Macan, as she does in the UK it's showing connected but no internet.

Not sure which PCM but it's a 2018 Macan.

When I get a chance I will swop the two sims to see what happens.

53 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

The data sims are both the standard Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB data SIM that I buy from Amazon and last 2 years or the 24 GB.

As I said the phone's sim is working in my phone but for some reason the inserted one in the Macan isn't, it works fine in the UK.

My phone then uses its data, whereas normally when in the car it auto switches to the car's sim. When my wife tries to connect her phone to data through the Macan, as she does in the UK it's showing connected but no internet.

Not sure which PCM but it's a 2018 Macan.

When I get a chance I will swop the two sims to see what happens.

So PCM4. Roaming setting is under Phone button -> Opt Button -> Set Phone -> Data Connections -> Roaming (Enable or block data connection in foreign networks).

Sim swap is also a good test idea.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:29 PM, iborguk said:

So PCM4. Roaming setting is under Phone button -> Opt Button -> Set Phone -> Data Connections -> Roaming (Enable or block data connection in foreign networks).

Sim swap is also a good test idea.

Followed this, thanks but still showing no internet.

Will swap sims next to see if this works.

may have to call provider to enable roaming? I had issues with an O2 sim a few years ago (sure I'd previously used it abroad), wouldnt provide and service at all when roaming until I spoke to O2 over the phone (thank god for dual sims!) and got it unblocked (or whatever)

• Like 1

Switched the sims, despite having enabled roaming through the Macan system it also wouldn't roam in the phone.

Activated sim roaming through my phone it worked, put it back in the Macan and all now working👍

Edited by JurassicGTS
  • Like 3