interior leather options

mr.tourette23

Am i right in thinking I have some kind of extended leather? the dash and door cards do seem to have leather on them and other cars i see online have plastic looking surface on the dash. 

Specs i can see on the sheet are 09971 custom tailoring and 981 leather interior but no mention of extended leather but it certainly looks different to some other cars on autotrader 

IMG-20230407-142022.jpg

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

You have your dash and door cards covered in leather yes, it was an option and must have imho.

This.

Two items at the top of my next car list (if it's another 981), PSE + Leather dash.  Even though they made the leather feel like plastic to some extent, don't know why they couldn't have added a little bit of squish.

Not 981 but we had a discussion about 987 red interiors, with some photos of different cars, and the myriad of combinations about what could be red and what could be black was remarkable. I wonder if the leather/plastic discussion is similar.

22 hours ago, mr.tourette23 said:

Am i right in thinking I have some kind of extended leather? the dash and door cards do seem to have leather on them and other cars i see online have plastic looking surface on the dash. 

Specs i can see on the sheet are 09971 custom tailoring and 981 leather interior but no mention of extended leather but it certainly looks different to some other cars on autotrader 

IMG-20230407-142022.jpg

Extended leather very nice, lovely option that :)

A sport design steering wheel and sport chrono retrofit would finish that off spec wise for me. 

Yes looks very much like you have the extended leather on that picture.  

Can’t see the attraction myself,  not saying it isn’t nice but on a sports car having leather on somewhere you never interact with is so low down my priority list.  The sport design wheel on the other hand, yes please. 

6 hours ago, hopz121 said:

Extended leather very nice, lovely option that :)

A sport design steering wheel and sport chrono retrofit would finish that off spec wise for me. 

Yes, Sport design wheel would also have to be on my "next car list".  Not fussed about my Sport Chrono though, I'll get a flatblade screwdriver and prise it off the dash for the classifieds 😆

46 minutes ago, Greenman said:

Yes looks very much like you have the extended leather on that picture.  

Can’t see the attraction myself,  not saying it isn’t nice but on a sports car having leather on somewhere you never interact with is so low down my priority list.  The sport design wheel on the other hand, yes please. 

So you're saying you don't sit in traffic stroking the stitching lovingly?  🤔

On 4/12/2023 at 2:20 PM, moospeed said:

This.

Two items at the top of my next car list (if it's another 981), PSE + Leather dash.  Even though they made the leather feel like plastic to some extent, don't know why they couldn't have added a little bit of squish.

Im fortunate to have both.. To be honest PSE was my only must have but I seem to have got a well specced car and the extended leather is very nice touch 👍

My musts, for the unicorn car were:

PDK

'S'

Sport design steering wheel

PSE

DAB module

Blue, Grey or Silver (no black red or white cars) I got Sapphire Blue, which is growing on me, mainly due to the number of admiring comments I'm getting.

I didn't want:

Chrono, because of worrying about reliability/cost of the PADM mounts, and not seeing the point of launch control.

I would have liked:

Memory multi way seats, but that wasn't to be.

I also got, though not on my list:

Extended leather.

Red seat belts (that aren't on my option sheet as far as I can see).

Logo'd mats

A plethora of 12V and interface ports.

A very nice set of easy to clean wheels, though I'm not sure what they're called.

PXL-20230328-081347226-2.jpg

13 hours ago, cozzykim said:

PDK

'S'

PSE

DAB module

Blue, Grey or Silver (no black red or white cars) I got Sapphire Blue, which is growing on me, mainly due to the number of admiring comments I'm getting.

I didn't want:

Chrono, because of worrying about reliability/cost of the PADM mounts, and not seeing the point of launch control.

I would have liked:

Extended leather.

Logo'd mats

A very nice set of easy to clean wheels, though I'm not sure what they're called.

Looks like you got a good result all things considered.  Shows what setting a target and perseverance can get you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cozzykim said:

PDK

'S'

PSE

DAB module

I didn't want:

I would have liked:

Extended leather.

Logo'd mats

Looks great 

SB is a brilliant colour and not overly common either :)

• Thanks 1

Mine too. I went with a blue leather interior along with a blue roof. I had it on my 986 which was all blue too. The blue leather on the 718 is not a similar colour to the 986 and the exterior paint was also different; I preferred the 986 colour combination, but I'll just have to live with the 718 now - had it 6 years so far.