Best Battery

Boxsum

Any 096 or 110 battery will fit.   The longest warranty is 5 years so anything beyond that has to be taken as a bonus.  Bosch S4 or S5, Yuasa 5000, Varta Silver seem to be the common choices.  As for 'better' or 'worse', look up the highest CCA (Cold crank amps), these are quite big capacity high compression engines so take a kick to get them running.  Then keep the battery in condition with regular use or a CTEK, or similar, battery conditioner.

16 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Any 096 or 110 battery will fit.   The longest warranty is 5 years so anything beyond that has to be taken as a bonus.  Bosch S4 or S5, Yuasa 5000, Varta Silver seem to be the common choices.  As for 'better' or 'worse', look up the highest CCA (Cold crank amps), these are quite big capacity high compression engines so take a kick to get them running.  Then keep the battery in condition with regular use or a CTEK, or similar, battery conditioner.

Sorry it’s an s4 010 not O8

so I guess the 08 won’t do. I will take another look

Thankyou

On 4/13/2023 at 10:37 PM, Boxsum said:

rJaEqIe.jpg

will this fit ? 

That is the exact one in my 986.  I took out a dying Bosch 096 and fitted a 110, you just have to move the bottom clamp left one hole in the battery tray.  Simples.  It is still going strong over 4 years later.

Edited by ½cwt

On 4/13/2023 at 8:56 PM, Boxsum said:

My Bosch s4 096 has lasted 9 years but always looking to improve

That’s extremely good going. But modern batteries die in hours rather than getting weaker over months; meaning one day you might be stranded when your car doesn’t start. Be aware if you want to try and stretch it!